2004-11-25 16:12:29

by Xavier Garreau

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Hi all !

I'm currently teaching some students the bluetooth protocol stack

Next wednesday, we'll talk about bluetooth programming.

I have no problem with HCI, L2CAP or RFCOMM programming but I would like
to advertise a custom service using sdp calls.

I never used sdp api, did any of you wrote some white paper about
bluetooth programming involving sdp (i found
http://www.holtmann.org/papers/bluetooth/wtc2003_slides.pdf but it's not
dealing with sdp)

My sample app for the session will be a time server working on top of
l2cap (PSM ccee) and I'd like to advertise it on sdp server. We'll also
be talking of rfcomm stream sockets.

First week was a bluetooth introduction. The paper and slides can be
found here (subject to changes, this is a temp directory, ok ?). There's
a little problem with it, it's written in french :-/
http://www.xgarreau.org/temp/Uni-Master/

Xavier Garreau <[email protected]>
http://www.xgarreau.org/

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Hi all !

Hi Steve,

> > Does it means that sdp_record_register closes the sdp_session when it is
> > successful ? That would mean we need to di sdp_connect foreach record we
> > have to add (I know, we usually only have only one to do at a time, but
> > that seems "strange" to me)
>
> I think this is a bug. The session should always be explicitly closed.
> Send in a patch :-)

actually it is not a bug. If you close the session the record would be
unregistered. However this is still somekind of ugly programming :(

Regards

Marcel

by Stephen Crane

Hi Xavier,

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 10:16 +0100, Xavier Garreau wrote:
> >>I never used sdp api, did any of you wrote some white paper about
> >>bluetooth programming involving sdp (i found
> >>http://www.holtmann.org/papers/bluetooth/wtc2003_slides.pdf but it's not
> >>dealing with sdp)
> >
> > the programs dund and pand show you how to advertise a SDP record.
>
> Thank you very much Marcel, this was a useful answer, as usual !
>
> I just have another (amybe silly) question ...
>
> In bluez/pan/pand/sdp.c
> function bnep_sdp_register
>
> if sdp_record_register is succesful, the sdp_session is not closed
> whereas it is evrywhere else (when something fails).
>
> Does it means that sdp_record_register closes the sdp_session when it is
> successful ? That would mean we need to di sdp_connect foreach record we
> have to add (I know, we usually only have only one to do at a time, but
> that seems "strange" to me)

I think this is a bug. The session should always be explicitly closed.
Send in a patch :-)

> Regards !
> Xavier Garreau

Steve
--
Stephen Crane, Rococo Software Ltd. http://www.rococosoft.com
[email protected] +353-1-6601315 (ext 209)

Attachments:
signature.asc (189.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part

2004-11-26 09:18:50

by Xavier Garreau

Sorry for my previous mail, I just noticed the session is kept open
until service record is unregistered ...

Regards...

by Xavier Garreau

>>I never used sdp api, did any of you wrote some white paper about
>>bluetooth programming involving sdp (i found
>>http://www.holtmann.org/papers/bluetooth/wtc2003_slides.pdf but it's not
>>dealing with sdp)
>
> the programs dund and pand show you how to advertise a SDP record.

Thank you very much Marcel, this was a useful answer, as usual !

I just have another (amybe silly) question ...

In bluez/pan/pand/sdp.c
function bnep_sdp_register

if sdp_record_register is succesful, the sdp_session is not closed
whereas it is evrywhere else (when something fails).

Does it means that sdp_record_register closes the sdp_session when it is
successful ? That would mean we need to di sdp_connect foreach record we
have to add (I know, we usually only have only one to do at a time, but
that seems "strange" to me)

Regards !
Xavier Garreau

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Xavier,

> I'm currently teaching some students the bluetooth protocol stack
>
> Next wednesday, we'll talk about bluetooth programming.
>
> I have no problem with HCI, L2CAP or RFCOMM programming but I would like
> to advertise a custom service using sdp calls.
>
> I never used sdp api, did any of you wrote some white paper about
> bluetooth programming involving sdp (i found
> http://www.holtmann.org/papers/bluetooth/wtc2003_slides.pdf but it's not
> dealing with sdp)
>
> My sample app for the session will be a time server working on top of
> l2cap (PSM ccee) and I'd like to advertise it on sdp server. We'll also
> be talking of rfcomm stream sockets.

the programs dund and pand show you how to advertise a SDP record.

Regards

Marcel

by GUILLON Gabriel

Don't worry, there is some french out there ;)

Xavier Garreau a =E9crit :
> I'm currently teaching some students the bluetooth protocol stack
>=20
> Next wednesday, we'll talk about bluetooth programming.
>=20
> I have no problem with HCI, L2CAP or RFCOMM programming but I would lik=
e=20
> to advertise a custom service using sdp calls.
>=20
> I never used sdp api, did any of you wrote some white paper about=20
> bluetooth programming involving sdp (i found=20
> http://www.holtmann.org/papers/bluetooth/wtc2003_slides.pdf but it's no=
t=20
> dealing with sdp)
>=20
> My sample app for the session will be a time server working on top of=20
> l2cap (PSM ccee) and I'd like to advertise it on sdp server. We'll also=
=20
> be talking of rfcomm stream sockets.
>=20
> First week was a bluetooth introduction. The paper and slides can be=20
> found here (subject to changes, this is a temp directory, ok ?). There'=
s=20
> a little problem with it, it's written in french :-/
> http://www.xgarreau.org/temp/Uni-Master/
>=20
> Regards,

--=20