2004-12-03 16:57:24

by kwyjibo

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Socket error: No such file or directory

Hi,

I'm trying to open a socket with this:

servSockBluez =3D socket(PF_BLUETOOTH, SOCK_STREAM, BTPROTO_RFCOMM)

but I get an error: "No such file or directory", wich I don't understant
it at all.

What's exactly the problem?

Thanks in advance.

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Steve,

if you sign your emails, please make sure that your public key is
available through the normal channels.

# gpg --recv-key 5CCBC967
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0

Regards

Marcel

by Stephen Crane

Is the rfcomm module loaded?

On Fri, 2004-12-03 at 17:57 +0100, [email protected] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to open a socket with this:
>
> servSockBluez = socket(PF_BLUETOOTH, SOCK_STREAM, BTPROTO_RFCOMM)
>
> but I get an error: "No such file or directory", wich I don't understant
> it at all.
>
> What's exactly the problem?
>
> Thanks in advance.

signature.asc (189.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part

2004-12-03 17:06:27

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,

> I'm trying to open a socket with this:
>
> servSockBluez = socket(PF_BLUETOOTH, SOCK_STREAM, BTPROTO_RFCOMM)
>
> but I get an error: "No such file or directory", wich I don't understant
> it at all.
>
> What's exactly the problem?

sounds like your kernel has no RFCOMM support or the kernel module is
not loaded.

Regards

Marcel