2005-02-01 16:08:20

by Flávio

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Help - power control

Hi people , i=B4m making a project with bluetooth and i need help!
First:
I=B4m trying to make a program with the library BlueZ but
without detailed information about the functions is very dificult
(even reading the bluetooth specifications)! where i could find that
information? BlueZ don=B4t have manual :( :(
The tutorials indicated in http://www.bluez.org don=B4t give me any help since
the program need to work in a low level (example, power control)!

Second:
How can i make a dongle bluetooth comunicate always with the same p=
ower?
The functions related with the power are:
_read_rssi -> the power received;
_transmit_power-> the power in transmition.

Thanks=20
Flavio Henriques

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Help - power control

Hi Flavio,

> I=B4m trying to make a program with the library BlueZ but
> without detailed information about the functions is very dificult
> (even reading the bluetooth specifications)! where i could find that
> information? BlueZ don=B4t have manual :( :(

but you can use the source, Luke ;)

> The tutorials indicated in http://www.bluez.org don=B4t give me any help since
> the program need to work in a low level (example, power control)!

If you talk about transmit power then this is not controllable from your
application, because it is the job of the link manager.

> Second:
> How can i make a dongle bluetooth comunicate always with the sa=
me power?
> The functions related with the power are:
> _read_rssi -> the power received;
> _transmit_power-> the power in transmition.

Again, this is job of the link manager.

Regards

Marcel