2005-03-01 20:09:12

by Dave Henriksen

Subject: [Bluez-devel] GBU311 Support under 2.4.x

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any possibility of releasing a kernel patch
for the latest 2.4 kernel that would support the IOGear GBU311.

We are still using the 2.4 kernel on an embedded Geode GX1 device, and
can't upgrade to the 2.5 kernel for quite some time.

If not, are there any other 1.2 USB bluetooth dongles that may work
under the 2.4 kernel?

Thanks,

Dave Henriksen

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] GBU311 Support under 2.4.x

Hi Dave,

> I was wondering if there is any possibility of releasing a kernel patch
> for the latest 2.4 kernel that would support the IOGear GBU311.
>
> We are still using the 2.4 kernel on an embedded Geode GX1 device, and
> can't upgrade to the 2.5 kernel for quite some time.
>
> If not, are there any other 1.2 USB bluetooth dongles that may work
> under the 2.4 kernel?

besides the IOGear GBU311 support there are a lot more things that are
missing and the answer is still the same as the last time such a
question came up on the mailing list. Do it by yourself or pay someone
to do it for you.

Regards

Marcel