2005-12-02 07:40:58

by Collin R. Mulliner

Subject: [Bluez-devel] more sdp patches

Hi Marcel,

here is another patch for bluez-libs for sdp. I added:

int sdp_set_access_protos_attr(sdp_record_t *rec, const sdp_list_t
*proto, const uint16_t attr);

this is to add stuff like SDP_ATTR_ADD_PROTO_DESC_LIST, actually I
modified sdp_set_access_protos to take another parameter and made
sdp_set_access_protos do a call to sdp_set_access_protos_attr to keep
backward compatibility

... Collin

--
Collin R. Mulliner <[email protected]>
BETAVERSiON Systems [http://www.betaversion.net]

Attachments:
bluez_libs_add_access_inc (488.00 B)
bluez_libs_add_access_src (709.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] more sdp patches

Hi Collin,

> > > ah mmmh the code I send in works for me, so maybe it's just unclean :-(
> >
> > show me how you use it.
>
> you were right, it doesn't work. sdptool browse just did somehow display
> it, but of course the third sequence did not exist ...
>
> *remember: Marcel is always right when talking about BlueZ stuff*

not always, but I already ran into this problem when I wrote the CUPS
backend with HCRP support some time ago. And actually HID is the same.

> so I guess I have to write my own function to do
> SDP_ATTR_ADD_PROTO_DESC_LIST?

Please do so.

> > > About the "leng" issue, I thought you would tweak my patch anyway so I didn't
> > > bothered making it nice ... sorry!
> >
> > Make it looks nice and re-send it. I like nice looking patches ;)
>
> I will, I just need to finish some other stuff now

My plan was to do another release this weekend, but it got postponed due
some timing issues. However I will do a new release early next week and
I actually like to see this patches included.

Regards

Marcel

by Collin R. Mulliner

Hi Marcel,

On Sat, 2005-12-03 at 06:15 +0100, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Collin,
>
> > > this won't work, because the additional protocol descriptor list is a
> > > sequence of sequence of sequence. Compare this from my HCRP capable
> > > printer:
> >
> > ah mmmh the code I send in works for me, so maybe it's just unclean :-(
>
> show me how you use it.

you were right, it doesn't work. sdptool browse just did somehow display
it, but of course the third sequence did not exist ...

*remember: Marcel is always right when talking about BlueZ stuff*

so I guess I have to write my own function to do
SDP_ATTR_ADD_PROTO_DESC_LIST?

> > About the "leng" issue, I thought you would tweak my patch anyway so I didn't
> > bothered making it nice ... sorry!
>
> Make it looks nice and re-send it. I like nice looking patches ;)

I will, I just need to finish some other stuff now

... Collin

--
Collin R. Mulliner <[email protected]>
BETAVERSiON Systems [http://www.betaversion.net]
info/pgp: finger [email protected]
AAAAA - American Association Against Acronym Abuse

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Collin,

> > this won't work, because the additional protocol descriptor list is a
> > sequence of sequence of sequence. Compare this from my HCRP capable
> > printer:
>
> ah mmmh the code I send in works for me, so maybe it's just unclean :-(

show me how you use it.

> About the "leng" issue, I thought you would tweak my patch anyway so I didn't
> bothered making it nice ... sorry!

Make it looks nice and re-send it. I like nice looking patches ;)

Regards

Marcel

by Collin R. Mulliner

Marcel,

Quoting Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]>:
> this won't work, because the additional protocol descriptor list is a
> sequence of sequence of sequence. Compare this from my HCRP capable
> printer:

ah mmmh the code I send in works for me, so maybe it's just unclean :-(

About the "leng" issue, I thought you would tweak my patch anyway so I didn't
bothered making it nice ... sorry!

... Collin

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Collin,

> here is another patch for bluez-libs for sdp. I added:
>
> int sdp_set_access_protos_attr(sdp_record_t *rec, const sdp_list_t
> *proto, const uint16_t attr);
>
> this is to add stuff like SDP_ATTR_ADD_PROTO_DESC_LIST, actually I
> modified sdp_set_access_protos to take another parameter and made
> sdp_set_access_protos do a call to sdp_set_access_protos_attr to keep
> backward compatibility

this won't work, because the additional protocol descriptor list is a
sequence of sequence of sequence. Compare this from my HCRP capable
printer:

Attribute 0x0004 - ProtocolDescriptorList
Sequence
Sequence
UUID16 0x0100 - L2CAP
UINT16 0x1003
Sequence
UUID16 0x0012 - HardcopyControlChannel

Attribute 0x000d - AdditionalProtocolDescriptorLists
Sequence
Sequence
Sequence
UUID16 0x0100 - L2CAP