2006-01-06 14:36:36

by ermal mino

Subject: [Bluez-devel] open obex multisession

Hi,
I tried to send a file to two cellphones at the same time using ussp-push.
I excecuted it in two different consoles. By this time the conections freeze and i can't disconnect them anynmore, even using "hcitool dc". The only way to disconnect is restart the pc or disconnect the usb dongle.
It gives me the same problem when using two dongles at the same time.

I saw that in the ussp-push code it binds the local socket in 0 channel.
I modified it and tried with diffrent channels for each connection but still nothing changed.

Is it possible what i am trying to do ?
Acording to bluetooth specification i can make 7 connections simultaneously being the master. I controled the connections and i was the master.

is it bluez or open obex responsible for this error?

what can i do to fix it and send files to more than one phone at the same time?

P.S. if somebody could tell me where to find a good tutorial for open obex i would be grateful. I couldn't find nothing searching with google.

Thank you.
Regards,
Ermal Mino.

by ermal mino

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] open obex multisession

"Collin R. Mulliner" <[email protected]> ha scritto: Hi,

> I tried to send a file to two cellphones at the same time using
> ussp-push.
long time ago since I used ussp-push, try some other tool like btobex or
obexftp

Ermal: obexftp doesnt work at all.

> I excecuted it in two different consoles. By this time the conections
> freeze and i can't disconnect them anynmore, even using "hcitool dc".
> The only way to disconnect is restart the pc or disconnect the usb
> dongle.
mmh did you get a kernel ups?

Ermal: I have a slackware 10.1 kernel 2.4.29 and it has native support for bluetooth.

> It gives me the same problem when using two dongles at the same time.
the second dongle musst be used explecite otherwise only the first
dongle is used (right Marcel?)

Ermal: I do. I use ussp-push 0.5 , i explicitly give it the dongle id as a parameter but still nothing.

> I saw that in the ussp-push code it binds the local socket in 0
> channel.
> I modified it and tried with diffrent channels for each connection but
> still nothing changed.
there is not local channel on outgoing connections

Ermal: whatever it was it always binds the socket to 0

> Is it possible what i am trying to do ?
yes

> Acording to bluetooth specification i can make 7 connections
> simultaneously being the master. I controled the connections and i was
> the master.
are you sure? maybe on of the devices tryed a role switch

Ermal: Yes, i saw it with "hcitool con" and it showed me two master outgoing connections.

> is it bluez or open obex responsible for this error?
I guess you/ussp-push are/is the problem

Ermal: when you mean "ussp-push" you mean also "openobex"?

> what can i do to fi x it and send files to more than one phone at the
> same time?

run hcidump and see what happens on the lower layers when you send the
files.

Ermal: I'll do it.
Thank you very much.

... Collin

--
Collin R. Mulliner
BETAVERSiON Systems [http://www.betaversion.net]

by Collin R. Mulliner

Hi,

> I tried to send a file to two cellphones at the same time using
> ussp-push.
long time ago since I used ussp-push, try some other tool like btobex or
obexftp

> I excecuted it in two different consoles. By this time the conections
> freeze and i can't disconnect them anynmore, even using "hcitool dc".
> The only way to disconnect is restart the pc or disconnect the usb
> dongle.
mmh did you get a kernel ups?

> It gives me the same problem when using two dongles at the same time.
the second dongle musst be used explecite otherwise only the first
dongle is used (right Marcel?)

> I saw that in the ussp-push code it binds the local socket in 0
> channel.
> I modified it and tried with diffrent channels for each connection but
> still nothing changed.
there is not local channel on outgoing connections

> Is it possible what i am trying to do ?
yes

> Acording to bluetooth specification i can make 7 connections
> simultaneously being the master. I controled the connections and i was
> the master.
are you sure? maybe on of the devices tryed a role switch

> is it bluez or open obex responsible for this error?
I guess you/ussp-push are/is the problem

> what can i do to fi x it and send files to more than one phone at the
> same time?

run hcidump and see what happens on the lower layers when you send the
files.

... Collin

--
Collin R. Mulliner <[email protected]>
BETAVERSiON Systems [http://www.betaversion.net]
info/pgp: finger [email protected]
Commander, there is no careful way to question a Klingon. --Odo

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Ermal,

> I tried to send a file to two cellphones at the same time using
> ussp-push.
> I excecuted it in two different consoles. By this time the conections
> freeze and i can't disconnect them anynmore, even using "hcitool dc".
> The only way to disconnect is restart the pc or disconnect the usb
> dongle.
> It gives me the same problem when using two dongles at the same time.
>
> I saw that in the ussp-push code it binds the local socket in 0
> channel.
> I modified it and tried with diffrent channels for each connection but
> still nothing changed.
>
> Is it possible what i am trying to do ?
> Acording to bluetooth specification i can make 7 connections
> simultaneously being the master. I controled the connections and i was
> the master.
>
> is it bluez or open obex responsible for this error?

at the moment I have no idea. Send in the "hciconfig -a" output and
"hcitool info ..." from both phones. Also show us "hcidump -X -V" so we
can see what really happens.

Regards

Marcel