2006-02-20 08:39:06

by ari.paavilainen

Subject: [Bluez-devel] sdp_record_register()

Hi,

I found following thing in sdp_record_register():
The comment in source code tells that the function returns non-null pointer on
success and -1 on failure. I have investigated the code and found out that the
function returns only 0 or -1:
There are two return commands in the function: return -1; and return status;
and for status: status=-1; and status = sdp_send_req_w4_rsp(...); In
sdp_send_req_w4_rsp() there is three times return -1; and one return 0;
So, is the return value zero success here?

But the main problem here is that I can't register a bluetooth service with
the sdp_record_register() ('sdptool browse local' doesn't list it). I have used
following code (by Albert Huang):
All function calls succeed.

sdp_session_t *register_service()
{
int ret;
uint32_t service_uuid_int[] = { 0, 0, 0, 0xABCD };
uint8_t rfcomm_channel = 11;
const char *service_name = "Name";
const char *service_dsc = "Description";
const char *service_prov = "Service provider";

uuid_t root_uuid, l2cap_uuid, rfcomm_uuid, svc_uuid;
sdp_list_t *l2cap_list = 0,
*rfcomm_list = 0,
*root_list = 0,
*proto_list = 0,
*access_proto_list = 0;
sdp_data_t *channel = 0, *psm = 0;

sdp_record_t *record = sdp_record_alloc();

// set the general service ID
sdp_uuid128_create( &svc_uuid, &service_uuid_int );
sdp_set_service_id(record, svc_uuid );

// make the service record publicly browsable
sdp_uuid16_create(&root_uuid, PUBLIC_BROWSE_GROUP);
root_list = sdp_list_append(0, &root_uuid);
sdp_set_browse_groups(record, root_list );

// set l2cap information
sdp_uuid16_create(&l2cap_uuid, L2CAP_UUID);
l2cap_list = sdp_list_append( 0, &l2cap_uuid );
proto_list = sdp_list_append( 0, l2cap_list );

// set rfcomm information
sdp_uuid16_create(&rfcomm_uuid, RFCOMM_UUID);
channel = sdp_data_alloc(SDP_UINT8, &rfcomm_channel);
rfcomm_list = sdp_list_append( 0, &rfcomm_uuid );
sdp_list_append( rfcomm_list, channel );
sdp_list_append( proto_list, rfcomm_list );

// attach protocol information to service record
access_proto_list = sdp_list_append( 0, proto_list );
sdp_set_access_protos( record, access_proto_list );

// set the name, provider, and description
sdp_set_info_attr(record, service_name, service_prov, service_dsc);

int err = 0;
sdp_session_t *session = 0;
// connect to the local SDP server, register the service record, and
// disconnect
session = sdp_connect( BDADDR_ANY, BDADDR_LOCAL, SDP_RETRY_IF_BUSY );
err = sdp_record_register(session, record, 0);

// cleanup
sdp_data_free( channel );
sdp_list_free( l2cap_list, 0 );
sdp_list_free( rfcomm_list, 0 );
sdp_list_free( root_list, 0 );
sdp_list_free( access_proto_list, 0 );

return session;
}

by Albert Huang

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] sdp_record_register()

> I found following thing in sdp_record_register():
> The comment in source code tells that the function returns non-null
> pointer on
> success and -1 on failure. I have investigated the code and found out that
> the
> function returns only 0 or -1:

what version of bluez are you using? The latest versions don't say this, in
either sdp.h or sdp_lib.h

There are two return commands in the function: return -1; and return status;
> and for status: status=-1; and status = sdp_send_req_w4_rsp(...); In
> sdp_send_req_w4_rsp() there is three times return -1; and one return 0;
> So, is the return value zero success here?

yes.

-albert

Attachments:
(No filename) (641.00 B)
(No filename) (992.00 B)

by Bastien Nocera

On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 13:45 +0200, Ari Paavilainen wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 13:48 +0100, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> > Hi Ari,

> > > In sdp_record_register() there is:
> > >
> > > if (!session->local) {
> > > errno = EREMOTE;
> > > return -1;
> > > }
> > >
> > > Did you mean this by the remote connection (the program passes this test)?
> > > Anyway, it seems to be that the only way to sdp_record_register() return ESPIPE (Illegal seek) error is when call to sdp_send_req_w4_rsp() fails. Does this give any hint?
> >
> > make sure that sdpd process is running. Follow the examples from sdptool
> > or pand.
> >

> sdpd is running. In 'sdptool.c' there is no call to
> 'sdp_record_register()'. Is there any other examples of registering a
> service record?

This is the code to register Obex push support for GNOME's Bluetooth
utilities:
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/libbtctl/src/obexsdp.c?view=markup

---
Bastien Nocera <[email protected]>
How can you be so serious on a film where you are dodging explosions and
running away with [...] an eight-foot monkey on this side, and the
eight-foot monkey is the one flying the spaceship? -- Mark Hamill

by Ari Paavilainen

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 13:48 +0100, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Ari,

> > > the sdp_connect() has been done to the local SDP server, right. You
> > > can't register SDP records for remote connections.
> > >

> > In sdp_record_register() there is:
> >
> > if (!session->local) {
> > errno = EREMOTE;
> > return -1;
> > }
> >
> > Did you mean this by the remote connection (the program passes this test)?
> > Anyway, it seems to be that the only way to sdp_record_register() return ESPIPE (Illegal seek) error is when call to sdp_send_req_w4_rsp() fails. Does this give any hint?
>
> make sure that sdpd process is running. Follow the examples from sdptool
> or pand.

sdpd is running. In 'sdptool.c' there is no call to
'sdp_record_register()'. Is there any other examples of registering a
service record?

-Ari

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Ari,

> > > Function call:
> > > err = sdp_record_register(session, record, 0);
> > > returns zero and error is 'Illegal seek'.
> > > Arguments should be ok (session is return value of successful call to
> > > sdp_connect() and record works ok with another function calls).
> > > What might be wrong?
> >
> > the sdp_connect() has been done to the local SDP server, right. You
> > can't register SDP records for remote connections.
> >

> In sdp_record_register() there is:
>
> if (!session->local) {
> errno = EREMOTE;
> return -1;
> }
>
> Did you mean this by the remote connection (the program passes this test)?
> Anyway, it seems to be that the only way to sdp_record_register() return ESPIPE (Illegal seek) error is when call to sdp_send_req_w4_rsp() fails. Does this give any hint?

make sure that sdpd process is running. Follow the examples from sdptool
or pand.

Regards

Marcel

by Ari Paavilainen