2006-03-13 14:14:34

by Florian Echtler

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Bluez for Motorola EZX mobile phones

Hi everybody,

there already was a thread a while ago about BlueZ on the Motorola EZX
phones, and in the motorolafans.com forum, one can download a binary
package containing the modules. However, I wanted a) to look at the
source code and b) to have the newest BlueZ modules available, so I
backported the modules from 2.4.31-mh1 to the custom Motorola kernel,
which is based on 2.4.20.

My question is now what to do with the patch. I don't think it would
make sense to integrate it into the main Bluez tree, would it? Perhaps
it would be best to create a separate patch against the Motorola custom
kernel tree? (There are some nasty little hacks involved so that the
kernel itself doesn't have to be recompiled, which could only be updated
by flashing the phone - that's a big "DON'T" for me :-)

Yours, Florian

by Florian Echtler

> > backported the modules from 2.4.31-mh1 to the custom Motorola kernel,
> > which is based on 2.4.20.
> > My question is now what to do with the patch.
> Could you send it to openezx.org?
I will, as soon as it's finished.
I noticed there's a bug in rfcomm left:

The newest BlueZ modules use a function tty_wakeup() that isn't present
in the 2.4.20 tree. Does anyone have an idea how to replace that
function with one that is available in the old kernel? Maybe just
wake_up_interruptible?

Yours, Florian

Attachments:
signature.asc (191.00 B)
Dies ist ein digital signierter Nachrichtenteil

2006-03-13 14:40:50

by Kosta Welke

Florian Echtler wrote:
> backported the modules from 2.4.31-mh1 to the custom Motorola kernel,
> which is based on 2.4.20.
> My question is now what to do with the patch.

Could you send it to openezx.org?

Kosta