2006-06-10 12:51:52

by P. Durante

Subject: [D-Bus] api naming convention

Hi,
what about renaming interfaces and object paths to something more
generic, like 'org.bluetooth' and '/org/bluetooth' ?
since the api is supposed to be crossplatform I think it's a good idea
to get rid of any 'bluez' references before people start writing
programs depending on the current api.

regards

2006-06-10 23:16:52

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] [D-Bus] api naming convention

Hi,

> what about renaming interfaces and object paths to something more
> generic, like 'org.bluetooth' and '/org/bluetooth' ?
> since the api is supposed to be crossplatform I think it's a good idea
> to get rid of any 'bluez' references before people start writing
> programs depending on the current api.

I wanted to do that initially, but a lot of people complained that I
can't use the bluetooth.org domain name since I don't own it. In the end
it is only a name.

At some point we might move all its current features over to HAL so this
name will go away.

Regards

Marcel