2006-06-28 14:32:37

by Iain Hibbert

Subject: [Bluez-devel] ACL packet types

Hi,
In bluez-lib-2.25 (I'm not up on latest version, sorry) there are
functions to convert packet types to bit masks and vice versa but they are
wrong.

If you look at the 2.0 Core specification for the "Create Connection"
command, it shows that the bits for the 2Mbps and 3Mbps packet types are
inverted - ie, when the bit is set, the packet type is NOT permitted.

I noticed this using hcidump, it prints the packet types wrongly.

0xff1e = DH1 DM1 DH3 DM3 DH5 DM5
0xcc18 = DH1 DM1 DH3 DM3 DH5 DM5 2-DH1 3-DH1 2-DH3 3-DH3 2-DH5 3-DH5

iain

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] ACL packet types

Hi Iain,

> In bluez-lib-2.25 (I'm not up on latest version, sorry) there are
> functions to convert packet types to bit masks and vice versa but they are
> wrong.
>
> If you look at the 2.0 Core specification for the "Create Connection"
> command, it shows that the bits for the 2Mbps and 3Mbps packet types are
> inverted - ie, when the bit is set, the packet type is NOT permitted.
>
> I noticed this using hcidump, it prints the packet types wrongly.
>
> 0xff1e = DH1 DM1 DH3 DM3 DH5 DM5
> 0xcc18 = DH1 DM1 DH3 DM3 DH5 DM5 2-DH1 3-DH1 2-DH3 3-DH3 2-DH5 3-DH5

I don't get your point. If you see 2-x and 3-x, it means that EDR has
been disabled. You will see this if a EDR capable dongle tries to
connect to a non-EDR capable device.

Regards

Marcel