2006-08-24 00:58:53

by Håvar Nielsen

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Logitech V270 mouse

Hi,

The Logitech V270 is hard to connect. My experience says, authentication =

and encryption must be disabled. And connecting using hcitool seems =

impossible. It _sometimes_ connects, using 'hidd --search' or 'hidd =

--connect xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx'

These kind of devices should connect automatically (and about instantly) =

once you turn them on - within the range of the bluetooth device in the =

computer. So there should be some kind of daemon "listening" for the =

device and connecting it upon the event of discovery. This is also how =

it works under windows.

kubuntu dapper 6.06
linux 2.6.15-23-386
bluez-utils 2.24

Regards,
H=E5var Nielsen

by Charles Bueche

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Logitech V270 mouse

Hi,

my V270 works fine, what I have is "/usr/bin/hidd --server" running. It
reconnect fine, with sometimes a few seconds lag when I left it idle for
lunch or coffee breaks.

Initially, I had to use "hidd --search" and press the "reset" button
under the mouse.

What doesn't well with the V270 is the sensitivity : far too high, and
all my attempts to lower it have been unsuccessful.

Charles

On jeu, 2006-08-24 at 02:58 +0200, H=E5var Nielsen wrote:
> Hi,
> =

> The Logitech V270 is hard to connect. My experience says, authentication =

> and encryption must be disabled. And connecting using hcitool seems =

> impossible. It _sometimes_ connects, using 'hidd --search' or 'hidd =

> --connect xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx'
> =

> These kind of devices should connect automatically (and about instantly) =

> once you turn them on - within the range of the bluetooth device in the =

> computer. So there should be some kind of daemon "listening" for the =

> device and connecting it upon the event of discovery. This is also how =

> it works under windows.
> =

> kubuntu dapper 6.06
> linux 2.6.15-23-386