2007-07-12 04:58:56

by Niels v/d Spek

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Handling simultaneous SCO connections: Does BlueZhave multiple SCO buffers?

Brad Midgley wrote:
> George
>
> bluetooth adapters that are connected by usb need to have a kernel mod
> to allow the alternate setting to be changed dynamically. There's an
> experimental patch out there:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.bluez.devel/11999
>
> the patch also assumes you have the flowcontrol patch applied first:
>
> http://bluetooth-alsa.cvs.sourceforge.net/bluetooth-alsa/plugz/patches/sco-flowcontrol-v4.2.diff?view=log

Brad,

I'm using Ubuntu 7.4 and like to know of this patches are there also needed?

thanks anyway

Niels
> Brad

> http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/

by George Hansel

On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 06:58 +0200, Niels v/d Spek wrote:

> Brad Midgley wrote:
> > George
> >
> > bluetooth adapters that are connected by usb need to have a kernel mod
> > to allow the alternate setting to be changed dynamically. There's an
> > experimental patch out there:
> >
> > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.bluez.devel/11999
> >
> > the patch also assumes you have the flowcontrol patch applied first:
> >
> > http://bluetooth-alsa.cvs.sourceforge.net/bluetooth-alsa/plugz/patches/sco-flowcontrol-v4.2.diff?view=log
> >
> Brad,
>
> I'm using Ubuntu 7.4 and like to know of this patches are there also needed?
>
> thanks anyway
>
> Niels
> > Brad

Neils,

I am also using Ubuntu 7.04 (latest patches, etc). As it turned out, I
created a workaround for my problem, not using the patches. Depending on
your application, you will need them as well. The Bluetooth stack is
developed independently, but is incorporated into the Linux kernel, and
so should be quite uniform throughout different distributions.

George

Attachments:
(No filename) (286.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)