2007-12-18 13:35:58

by Alok

Subject: [Bluez-devel] [HFP] New Methods/Signals.

Marcel/Johan,

some new Methods/Signals are required for HFP in the audio service. Here
are the ones needed as of now.

Method:
void CallSetup(uint16 value)

Used to send "callsetup" indicator value to the HF.

Signal:
void TerminateCall()

This signal is sent when an ongoing call is terminated.

An appropriate method name would be IndicateCall(), But thats already
used for Alerting(RING) the Headset/HFP.

Is it possible to use Alert() instead of IndicateCall() to RING the
headset/HF and use IndicateCall to send "callsetup" indicator?

The headset method implementations start with hs_* . Should the hf
methods prepend hf_ to them for distinguishing them from headset
methods ?

-Alok

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] [HFP] New Methods/Signals.

Hi Alok,

> some new Methods/Signals are required for HFP in the audio service. Here
> are the ones needed as of now.

are they using the org.bluez.audio.Headset interface or are they meant
to be in a org.bluez.audio.Handsfree interface?

> Method:
> void CallSetup(uint16 value)
>
> Used to send "callsetup" indicator value to the HF.
>
> Signal:
> void TerminateCall()
>
> This signal is sent when an ongoing call is terminated.
>

> An appropriate method name would be IndicateCall(), But thats already
> used for Alerting(RING) the Headset/HFP.

In case they are in the audio.Headset interface, then use SetupCall. Can
we use strings to express the value parameter?

> Is it possible to use Alert() instead of IndicateCall() to RING the
> headset/HF and use IndicateCall to send "callsetup" indicator?

We can't change the API. Only a move to BlueZ 4.x could change the API.

> The headset method implementations start with hs_* . Should the hf
> methods prepend hf_ to them for distinguishing them from headset
> methods ?

Sure.

Regards

Marcel