2008-01-22 08:47:12

by Guillaume Bedot

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Asus WL-BTD202 needs force_scofix

Hello,

I'm currently testing bluetooth audio with latest cvs.

I use this dongle and a mono headset (PROF PBH-6W) :
$ /usr/sbin/lsusb | grep ASUS
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0b05:1715 ASUSTek Computer, Inc.

Apparently, it only works with this option set hci_usb :
options hci_usb force_scofix=1

Recording and playback work, mostly.
Sometimes noise is produced, retrying once or twice make it work...

Could this option be set as a default in hci_usb.c, or could it have
some drawback I'm not aware of ?

Best regards,

Guillaume B.

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Asus WL-BTD202 needs force_scofix

Hi Guillaume,

> I'm currently testing bluetooth audio with latest cvs.
>
> I use this dongle and a mono headset (PROF PBH-6W) :
> $ /usr/sbin/lsusb | grep ASUS
> Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0b05:1715 ASUSTek Computer, Inc.
>
> Apparently, it only works with this option set hci_usb :
> options hci_usb force_scofix=1
>
> Recording and playback work, mostly.
> Sometimes noise is produced, retrying once or twice make it work...
>
> Could this option be set as a default in hci_usb.c, or could it have
> some drawback I'm not aware of ?

include the content of /proc/bus/usb/devices for this dongle and create
a kernel patch for hci_usb to always enable the SCO fix.

Regards

Marcel