2008-02-28 20:34:29

by Guillaume Bedot

Subject: [Bluez-devel] VOIP apps and alsa plugin

Hello,

Would it be possible to add in org.bluez.audio.Device interface a
GetAlsaDeviceName method ?

It would allow easy integration in Ekiga, for instance.

Using the alsa-plugin, only the wizard would have to be changed, to find
the alsa name of the headset, and if it can be used as a sink and/or
source.

What do you think about this ?

Regards,

Guillaume B.

by Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] VOIP apps and alsa plugin

In my opinion this should be exported in HAL as a virtual sound card, also
org.bluez.audio.Device will probably disappear in BlueZ 4.0 when a more
generic interface org.bluez.Device would be introduced.

I also think that audio plugins should be merged in their project where them
can be better maintained and developed by people more involved with audio.

-- =

Luiz Augusto von Dentz
Engenheiro de Computa=E7=E3o