2008-05-06 08:58:17

by Valmantas Palikša

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] network - NAP (pan1) bridge is not initialized (patch)

I generate an ifup script with my application, and when pan1 comes up, it
automatically configures it, adds masquerading to iptables and runs dhcp
daemon (I've implemented locks, so only one dhcpd instance is launched, and
single iptables entry is added). And this setup runs perfectly for me.

In my opinion this patch is better than nothing, until a proper solution is
developed.

Regards

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 11:40 PM, Luiz Augusto von Dentz <
[email protected]> wrote:

> Sorry but NAP is not as simple as GN, thats why the NAP bridge is not
> being created by network service.
> NAP server can really be consider a bluetooth router so we probably
> need something more advanced than
> creating a normal bridge. Perhaps we can use a daemon that can handle
> this 'router' functionality, but Im
> afraid it still doesn't exists.
>
> I still need to check what is going on in case of GN server, but I
> guess the debug normally helps so I will
> probably make them available in cvs.
>
> --
> Luiz Augusto von Dentz
> Engenheiro de Computação

(No filename) (1.52 kB)
(No filename) (2.08 kB)
(No filename) (320.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Sorry but NAP is not as simple as GN, thats why the NAP bridge is not
being created by network service.
NAP server can really be consider a bluetooth router so we probably
need something more advanced than
creating a normal bridge. Perhaps we can use a daemon that can handle
this 'router' functionality, but Im
afraid it still doesn't exists.

I still need to check what is going on in case of GN server, but I
guess the debug normally helps so I will
probably make them available in cvs.

-- =

Luiz Augusto von Dentz
Engenheiro de Computa=E7=E3o

Don't miss this year's exciting event. There's still time to save $100. =

Use priority code J8TL2D2. =

http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;198757673;13503038;p?http://java.sun.com/java=
one