2007-07-18 10:32:00

by Fernando Unzu

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Obex handle?

Hello,

I have a question about how to select which device I want to use with my
program.

I have an application that sends some content t another bluetooth devices, and
i realize the transfer with Obex functions.

But if I have two dongles in my PC, I would can to select between one and
other.
This is what i don't know how to do.

The handle is created with Obex_Init, and I think it is in that moment when I
select one of the dongles, but I don't know how.

Or there is another way to do it?? Or it has to be done in another moment with
another function??

I have eard that DBus solves this problems...; anybody can help me, please?

P.D.: Although anybody gives me a DBus solution, I'm interesting in the Obex
solution too.

Thank you,
Fernando Unzu

by Fernando Unzu

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Obex handle?

Thanks Manuel for your response.

It has helped me enough for my issue.

But in the business we are interested into migrate to DBUS functions...

So, if anybody can help me where I can find some information about DBUS API=
or =

similar, please, tell us.

Thank you, Manuel, once, for your response. A clearly and simple solution.
Fernando Unzu

El Jueves, 19 de Julio de 2007 15:11, Manuel Naranjo escribi=F3:
> Fernando,
> This question should be asked in the openobex mailing list but who cares.
> I had patched the obexftp app to be able to use more than one dongle,
> here's the code that handle that:
> if (!src) {
> bacpy(&src_addr, BDADDR_ANY);
> else if (!strncmp(src, "hci", 3)) {
> hci_devba(atoi(src + 3), &src_addr);
> }
> else {
> str2ba(src, &src_addr);
> }
> if (!device) {
> ret =3D -EINVAL;
> break;
> }
>
> (void) str2ba(devicedup, &bdaddr);
> free(devicedup);
> ret =3D BtOBEX_TransportConnect(cli->obexhandle, &src_addr, &bdaddr,
> (uint8_t)port);
>
> > Thanks for your response, Vikas.
> >
> > first...? There is any problem with the mailing list in sourceforge??
> > I can't do any search...
> >
> > Afortunately, you give me a link within I can search.
> > Thanks once.
> >
> > But this issue talks about how to know if a dongle is free to use it or
> > not...
> >
> > This can help me, now what I know, but my question is where I select
> > which dongle will be used with OBEX...
> >
> > So... ,at one moment, I know the dongle I must to use is the "dev_id 0",
> > ok; but..., how I say to OBEX "use the dongle "dev_id 0"".
> > In whic method I can select this option??
> >
> > In HCI is the addr.hci_dev, and in OBEX...? handle.dev_id????
> >
> > I'm not sure I'm explaning well, but I hope you understand me a little.
> >
> > Thans a lot,
> > Fernando Un

by Manuel Naranjo

Fernando,
This question should be asked in the openobex mailing list but who cares.
I had patched the obexftp app to be able to use more than one dongle,
here's the code that handle that:
if (!src) {
bacpy(&src_addr, BDADDR_ANY);
else if (!strncmp(src, "hci", 3)) {
hci_devba(atoi(src + 3), &src_addr);
}
else {
str2ba(src, &src_addr);
}
if (!device) {
ret = -EINVAL;
break;
}

(void) str2ba(devicedup, &bdaddr);
free(devicedup);
ret = BtOBEX_TransportConnect(cli->obexhandle, &src_addr, &bdaddr,
(uint8_t)port);

> Thanks for your response, Vikas.
>
> first...? There is any problem with the mailing list in sourceforge??
> I can't do any search...
>
> Afortunately, you give me a link within I can search.
> Thanks once.
>
> But this issue talks about how to know if a dongle is free to use it or not...
>
> This can help me, now what I know, but my question is where I select which
> dongle will be used with OBEX...
>
> So... ,at one moment, I know the dongle I must to use is the "dev_id 0", ok;
> but..., how I say to OBEX "use the dongle "dev_id 0"".
> In whic method I can select this option??
>
> In HCI is the addr.hci_dev, and in OBEX...? handle.dev_id????
>
> I'm not sure I'm explaning well, but I hope you understand me a little.
>
> Thans a lot,
> Fernando Un

by Fernando Unzu

Thanks for your response, Vikas.

first...? There is any problem with the mailing list in sourceforge??
I can't do any search...

Afortunately, you give me a link within I can search.
Thanks once.

But this issue talks about how to know if a dongle is free to use it or not=

This can help me, now what I know, but my question is where I select which =

dongle will be used with OBEX...

So... ,at one moment, I know the dongle I must to use is the "dev_id 0", ok=
; =

but..., how I say to OBEX "use the dongle "dev_id 0"".
In whic method I can select this option??

In HCI is the addr.hci_dev, and in OBEX...? handle.dev_id????

I'm not sure I'm explaning well, but I hope you understand me a little.

Thans a lot,
Fernando Unzu

El Jueves, 19 de Julio de 2007 06:39, Vikas Sinha escribi=F3:
> Go and check mailing list .. Few months ago someone asked same question.
> http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.linux.bluez.devel/month=3D20070501
>

> well i don't know about DBUS but with obex and hci layer I have controlled
> multiple Dongles.
> You can find solution here
>
> On 7/18/07, Fernando Unzu <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a question about how to select which device I want to use with my
> > program.
> >
> > I have an application that sends some content t another bluetooth
> > devices, and
> > i realize the transfer with Obex functions.
> >
> > But if I have two dongles in my PC, I would can to select between one a=
nd
> > other.
> > This is what i don't know how to do.
> >
> > The handle is created with Obex_Init, and I think it is in that moment
> > when I
> > select one of the dongles, but I don't know how.
> >
> > Or there is another way to do it?? Or it has to be done in another mome=
nt
> > with
> > another function??
> >
> > I have eard that DBus solves this problems...; anybody can help me,
> > please?
> >
> > P.D.: Although anybody gives me a DBus solution, I'm interesting in the
> > Obex
> > solution too.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Fernando Unzu

by tjoconno

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Inquiry Response

Hello,

I am trying to write a small snippet of code that sends hci inquiry
capability. Currently, where is the code located for sending hci inquiry

Basically, where is the code that executes on the client once a server has
initated an hci_inquiry()? Thank you so much for your assistance in
advance.

TJ

by Vikas Sinha

Go and check mailing list .. Few months ago someone asked same question.
http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.linux.bluez.devel/month=20070501

well i don't know about DBUS but with obex and hci layer I have controlled
multiple Dongles.
You can find solution here

On 7/18/07, Fernando Unzu <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a question about how to select which device I want to use with my
> program.
>
> I have an application that sends some content t another bluetooth devices,
> and
> i realize the transfer with Obex functions.
>
> But if I have two dongles in my PC, I would can to select between one and
> other.
> This is what i don't know how to do.
>
> The handle is created with Obex_Init, and I think it is in that moment
> when I
> select one of the dongles, but I don't know how.
>
> Or there is another way to do it?? Or it has to be done in another moment
> with
> another function??
>
> I have eard that DBus solves this problems...; anybody can help me,
> please?
>
> P.D.: Although anybody gives me a DBus solution, I'm interesting in the
> Obex
> solution too.
>
> Thank you,
> Fernando Unzu