Subject: [Bluez-devel] [bluetooth-alsa] is there a liste of compatible devices?

Hi

Until now, everything I tried with my dongle worked fine (using it to
connect my cellphone as a remote controller, file transfer, connection share
with the cellphone...)
But it won't connect with my bluetooth headset.

I have read here <http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net/contact.html> :
"For using SCO, get the output from hciconfig hci0 revision is helpful *(Run
hciconfig as root) *

- If it prints "SCO mapping: HCI" then your adapter should work.
- If it prints "SCO mapping: PCM" then you might permanently change
the setting using a command like "pskey mapsco 0" or "bccmd psset -s default
0x1ab 0" using bluez-utils-cvs but this is at your own risk.
- If it doesn't print either of those, you probably need a different
bluetooth adapter (preferably "CSR" based)."

for me :
sudo hciconfig hci0 revision >
hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:04:3E:C0:F2:6F ACL MTU: 1356:5 SCO MTU: 48:1
Unsupported manufacturer

So I am looking for a list of compatible devices. Any advice?

--
vous pouvez consulter mon calendrier à l'adresse suivante :
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=trtf7d6pmhcmnqruefapk92vks%40group.calendar.google.com

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.15 kB)
(No filename) (1.51 kB)
(No filename) (314.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)
Download all attachments

No answer from x-micro.com but I found an x-micro dongle at the supermarket
near my house. Unfortunately it is sold with an headset, which makes it a
bit expensive considering the fact I won't use it. I am still looking for
good tips and advices...

On 10/28/07, Christophe-Marie Duquesne <[email protected]> wrote:

> Thank you for the advice. I just sent them a mail.
>
> On 10/28/07, Vikas Sinha <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi *Christophe, *
> >
> > *you can use X-MICRO Dongles as I am using them past 1 and 1/2 years*
> > I think it must be available in France also. As they have many selling
> > points round the globe.
> > http://www.x-micro.com/main-product-dongle20plus.html
> > just write them and they will tell you their contact point in France ...
> >
> > may be this can help you
> >

> > On 10/28/07, Christophe-Marie Duquesne < [email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi again
> > >
> > > I have checked if I could order the dongle you advised me to buy, but
> > > it seems that in france I will get some trouble to get one.
> > >
> > > I found other bluetooth dongle CSR based : Bluestork BS-BT-USB_2,
> > > Edimax EB-DGC2. Do you know one of them? I could not find them on
> > > linuxcompatible.com.
> > >
> > > BTW I found this list<http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/features.html>by lurking a little on
> > > gentoo.org . It My be helpfull if ther was a link on the site of the
> > > project...

> > --
> > Impossible
> > itself contain
> > I M Possible
> >
> > Vikas

> vous pouvez consulter mon calendrier à l'adresse suivante :
>
> http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=trtf7d6pmhcmnqruefapk92vks%40group.calendar.google.com

--
vous pouvez consulter mon calendrier à l'adresse suivante :
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=trtf7d6pmhcmnqruefapk92vks%40group.calendar.google.com

Attachments:
(No filename) (2.91 kB)
(No filename) (5.63 kB)
(No filename) (314.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)
Download all attachments

Thank you for the advice. I just sent them a mail.

On 10/28/07, Vikas Sinha <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi *Christophe, *
>
> *you can use X-MICRO Dongles as I am using them past 1 and 1/2 years*
> I think it must be available in France also. As they have many selling
> points round the globe.
> http://www.x-micro.com/main-product-dongle20plus.html
> just write them and they will tell you their contact point in France ...
>
> may be this can help you
>

> On 10/28/07, Christophe-Marie Duquesne <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Hi again
> >
> > I have checked if I could order the dongle you advised me to buy, but it
> > seems that in france I will get some trouble to get one.
> >
> > I found other bluetooth dongle CSR based : Bluestork BS-BT-USB_2, Edimax
> > EB-DGC2. Do you know one of them? I could not find them on
> > linuxcompatible.com.
> >
> > BTW I found this list<http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/features.html>by lurking a little on
> > gentoo.org . It My be helpfull if ther was a link on the site of the
> > project...

> Impossible
> itself contain
> I M Possible
>
> Vikas

vous pouvez consulter mon calendrier à l'adresse suivante :
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=trtf7d6pmhcmnqruefapk92vks%40group.calendar.google.com

Attachments:
(No filename) (2.29 kB)
(No filename) (4.52 kB)
(No filename) (314.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Vikas Sinha

Hi *Christophe, *

*you can use X-MICRO Dongles as I am using them past 1 and 1/2 years*
I think it must be available in France also. As they have many selling
points round the globe.
http://www.x-micro.com/main-product-dongle20plus.html
just write them and they will tell you their contact point in France ...

may be this can help you

On 10/28/07, Christophe-Marie Duquesne <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi again
>
> I have checked if I could order the dongle you advised me to buy, but it
> seems that in france I will get some trouble to get one.
>
> I found other bluetooth dongle CSR based : Bluestork BS-BT-USB_2, Edimax
> EB-DGC2. Do you know one of them? I could not find them on
> linuxcompatible.com.
>
> BTW I found this list<http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/features.html>by lurking a little on
> gentoo.org . It My be helpfull if ther was a link on the site of the
> project...

Impossible
itself contain
I M Possible

Vikas

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.44 kB)
(No filename) (2.65 kB)
(No filename) (314.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)
Download all attachments

Hi again

I have checked if I could order the dongle you advised me to buy, but it
seems that in france I will get some trouble to get one.

I found other bluetooth dongle CSR based : Bluestork BS-BT-USB_2, Edimax
EB-DGC2. Do you know one of them? I could not find them on
linuxcompatible.com.

BTW I found this
list<http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/features.html>by lurking
a little on
gentoo.org. It My be helpfull if ther was a link on the site of the
project...

Attachments:
(No filename) (473.00 B)
(No filename) (623.00 B)
(No filename) (314.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)
Download all attachments

Thank you very much for the quick answer

2007/10/27, Brad Midgley <[email protected]>:

> Christophe-Ma
>
> The bluetake bt007ex is csr based and not too hard to find. it's also
> class 1 with bt2.0+edr
>
> (assuming bluetake hasn't changed it behind the scenes)
>
> Brad
>
> On 10/27/07, Christophe-Marie Duquesne <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Until now, everything I tried with my dongle worked fine (using it to
> > connect my cellphone as a remote controller, file transfer, connection
> share
> > with the cellphone...)
> > But it won't connect with my bluetooth headset.

vous pouvez consulter mon calendrier à l'adresse suivante :
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=trtf7d6pmhcmnqruefapk92vks%40group.calendar.google.com

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.23 kB)
(No filename) (1.89 kB)