2004-01-21 08:39:17

by Jérôme Stadelmann

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Audio to headset

Hello everybody,

I'm actually working on a diploma project with bluetooth and audio. I =
have
an Anycom Bluetooth USB adapter and an Ericsson HBH-15 headset. I would =
use
first the hstest example in order to send some music to the headset but =
it
doesn't work. I only hear some noise but no music.

Is this command correct ? "hstest play music.mp3 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx"

I have mpg123 and sox installed,
scoinfo return PSKEY_HOSTIO_MAP_SCO_PCM: 0x00,
voice setting is 0x0060.

The pin works and I receive back from the headset the AT commands =
(AT+VGS=3D11
and AT+CKPD=3D200) but I only hear some noise.

Could somebody please help me in this?

Jerome

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: RE : [Bluez-devel] Audio to headset

Hi Jerome,

> I have used hsplay with the same result.
> My kernel version is 2.4.21 from a SuSe distribution.

this kernel don't work correct. Try at least 2.4.21-mh4 and I suggest
you to upgrade to 2.4.24-mh2.

Regards

Marcel

by Jérôme Stadelmann

Subject: RE : [Bluez-devel] Audio to headset

Hi Marcel,

I have used hsplay with the same result.
My kernel version is 2.4.21 from a SuSe distribution.
I'll then use your kernel patch.

Regards,

Jerome

De=A0: Marcel Holtmann [mailto:[email protected]]=20
Envoy=E9=A0: mercredi, 21. janvier 2004 13:43
=C0=A0: J=E9r=F4me Stadelmann
Cc=A0: BlueZ Mailing List
Objet=A0: Re: [Bluez-devel] Audio to headset

Hi Jerome,

> I'm actually working on a diploma project with bluetooth and audio. I =
have
> an Anycom Bluetooth USB adapter and an Ericsson HBH-15 headset. I =
would
use
> first the hstest example in order to send some music to the headset =
but it
> doesn't work. I only hear some noise but no music.
>=20
> Is this command correct ? "hstest play music.mp3 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx"

why don't you try hsplay?

> I have mpg123 and sox installed,
> scoinfo return PSKEY_HOSTIO_MAP_SCO_PCM: 0x00,
> voice setting is 0x0060.
>=20
> The pin works and I receive back from the headset the AT commands
(AT+VGS=3D11
> and AT+CKPD=3D200) but I only hear some noise.
>=20
> Could somebody please help me in this?

What kernel version are you using? Try one of my latest patches for 2.4.

Regards

Marcel

2004-01-21 13:47:50

by Fred Schaettgen

On Wednesday 21 January 2004 09:39, J=E9r=F4me Stadelmann wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm actually working on a diploma project with bluetooth and audio. I have
> an Anycom Bluetooth USB adapter and an Ericsson HBH-15 headset. I would u=
se
> first the hstest example in order to send some music to the headset but it
> doesn't work. I only hear some noise but no music.

Do you use an older kernel without Marcel's patches maybe?
I've also had problems with an older Mitsumi Bluetooth adaptor, but with it=
=20
the output sounds a little bit like the expected signal at least.
Do you just get random noise or does it correspond somehow to the music?

> Is this command correct ? "hstest play music.mp3 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx"

I don't have a headset to try, but I thought hstest works with uncompressed=
=20
audio data only. Or I just didn't notice.. I'd try a wave file (16 bit mono=
?)=20
instead.

greetings
=46red