2004-02-02 18:57:01

by Sundar, Murali

Subject: [Bluez-devel] AADP -- Is it being worked on?

Hi,
Is there any on-going work (or plans) on the Advanced Audio Distribution
Profile (AADP)? I noticed that Aarti had posted a message a few months
ago saying that she is going to write it. Is this part of Bluez now? Is
there any update on this effort?
Thanks,
Murali

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] AADP -- Is it being worked on?

Hi Aarti,

> I am working on the implementation of A2DTP with basic
> functionality and right now the raw version is working
> with MP3 codec. But to be included on the bluez
> protocol stack I have to add SBC and refine it. I am
> not working on AADP, though I have written an
> application based on AADP with MP3 codec to test AVDTP
> functionality.

to get A2DP working we need a clean AVDTP implementation which we can
include into BlueZ. This is the basic step and I don't care if you use a
MP3 codec or SBC. Once AVDTP is in the right shape, the rest will follow
automaticly. Do you have code we can look at?

Regards

Marcel

by Aarti Kumar

Hi Murali,

I am working on the implementation of A2DTP with basic
functionality and right now the raw version is working
with MP3 codec. But to be included on the bluez
protocol stack I have to add SBC and refine it. I am
not working on AADP, though I have written an
application based on AADP with MP3 codec to test AVDTP
functionality.
Thats it for now.

Aarti.

--- "Sundar, Murali" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there any on-going work (or plans) on the
> Advanced Audio Distribution
> Profile (AADP)? I noticed that Aarti had posted a
> message a few months
> ago saying that she is going to write it. Is this
> part of Bluez now? Is
> there any update on this effort?
> Thanks,
> Murali

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Murali,

> Is there any on-going work (or plans) on the Advanced Audio Distribution
> Profile (AADP)? I noticed that Aarti had posted a message a few months
> ago saying that she is going to write it. Is this part of Bluez now? Is
> there any update on this effort?

I don't got any reports on this topic. Actually I am waiting for someone
sending me an A2DP capable test equipment.

Regards

Marcel