2004-07-18 19:46:07

by Ubaldo Porcheddu

Subject: [Bluez-devel] SCO audio packets dropping

Hi,

With kernel 2.4.22, hcitools 2.2 and voice set 0x0060 HV1 if I play what I
recorded (aplay -f S16_LE) the voice is a little bit quicker than normal. If
I set voice as 0x0040 and "aplay -f S8" everything is perfect.

With kernel 2.6.6 and voice 0x0060 HV1 everything is ok until I set the
packet type as HV3, then same problem as with kernel 2.4.22.

The quality link is always 255.

I thought it could be an hardware packet dropping problem, but I did the
test with the same computer just changing kernel and some parameter.

Is this a known problem?

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Re: SCO audio packets dropping

Hi,

> >> With kernel 2.6.6 and voice 0x0060 HV1 everything is ok until I set the
> >> packet type as HV3, then same problem as with kernel 2.4.22.
> >
> > try 2.4.22-mh6 and don't modify the packet types. Let the link manager
> > be able to choose between HV1, HV2 and HV3.
>
> If I don't set HV3 I always get "Address already in use"...

the default packet type value is "DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3"
and you should keep it.

Regards

Marcel

by Ubaldo Porcheddu

Subject: Re: SCO audio packets dropping

>> With kernel 2.4.22, hcitools 2.2 and voice set 0x0060 HV1 if I play what I
>> recorded (aplay -f S16_LE) the voice is a little bit quicker than normal. If
>> I set voice as 0x0040 and "aplay -f S8" everything is perfect.
>>
>> With kernel 2.6.6 and voice 0x0060 HV1 everything is ok until I set the
>> packet type as HV3, then same problem as with kernel 2.4.22.
>
> try 2.4.22-mh6 and don't modify the packet types. Let the link manager
> be able to choose between HV1, HV2 and HV3.

If I don't set HV3 I always get "Address already in use"...

2004-07-18 20:47:13

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] SCO audio packets dropping