2004-08-30 15:51:08

by Williams, Richard

Subject: RE: [Bluez-devel] PAN profile of bluetooth

Hello,

Did you make sure the /etc/bluetooth/pan/dev-up file is correct and =
present=20
on both your devices, master and slave ? If this file isn't there, you =
won't=20
get the bnep process started.

Regard,

Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: blookk - [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 11:19 AM
To: [email protected]

Hello

I have made a new try and it don't work.

after I do all things that you told me, when I execute "ifconfig" the=20
virtual interface Bnep0 don't appears.

Why do these things happen?

How do you make this connection?

Regards

>From: Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]>
>To: blookk - <[email protected]>
>CC: [email protected]
>Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] PAN profile of bluetooth
>Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 13:30:52 +0200
>
>Hi,
>
> > I want to connect 2 pc using the PAN profile. I do this =
things:

> > - In server and client:
> >
> > insmod rfcomm
> > insmod l2cap
> > insmod bnep
> >
> > hcid -n &
> > sdpd -n &
> > sdptool add LAN
>
>there is no "sdptool add", because pand can do this by =
itself.=20
And btw
>you said you wanted PAN and not LAN access using PPP.
>
> > - In the server:
> > The file hcid.conf : lm accept,master;
> > in the console : pand --listen --role GN
> >
> > - In the client:
> > The file hcid.conf : lm accept,master;
> > in the console : pand --connect 00:11:22:33:44:55
>
>This will never work, because only one can be the master. Don't use =
the
>hcid.conf for setting the master role. Use --master on the server =
side
>call of pand.
>
>Regards
>
>Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Till,

> > Did you make sure the /etc/bluetooth/pan/dev-up file is correct and present
> > on both your devices, master and slave ? If this file isn't there, you
> > won't get the bnep process started.
> Are you sure? I never heard of that file, but have successfully been using
> bnep without even having a /etc/bluetooth/pan directory on my pc.

this depends on your system. Actually on every new system that uses
hotplug, there is no need for using dev-up. The bnep0 is like every
other network card in your machine and hotplug takes care of it.

Regards

Marcel

by Till Harbaum

Hi,

On Monday 30 August 2004 17:51, Williams, Richard wrote:
> Did you make sure the /etc/bluetooth/pan/dev-up file is correct and present
> on both your devices, master and slave ? If this file isn't there, you
> won't get the bnep process started.
Are you sure? I never heard of that file, but have successfully been using
bnep without even having a /etc/bluetooth/pan directory on my pc.

Till

--
Dr.-Ing. Till Harbaum Tel.: +49 721 4998963
BeeCon GmbH Fax: +49 721 4998962