2004-07-27 14:56:02

by Ubaldo Porcheddu

Subject: [Bluez-devel] SCO audio sync

I am having another strange problem, sometime when I record from a SCO
channel in 16bit (0x0060) to a file the first byte is missing and when I
play it back I listen just caos.

But if I cut the first byte, or I add a byte in front of the file, then I
can listen it fine.

Is there a way to be sure that I am reading the packet in the right way?

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] SCO audio sync

Hi,

> I am having another strange problem, sometime when I record from a SCO
> channel in 16bit (0x0060) to a file the first byte is missing and when I
> play it back I listen just caos.
>
> But if I cut the first byte, or I add a byte in front of the file, then I
> can listen it fine.
>
> Is there a way to be sure that I am reading the packet in the right way?

check the mailing list archive, because I remember that there was a
thread about this problem.

Regards

Marcel

by Ubaldo Porcheddu

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Re: Re: siemens s55

Ciao Brad,

> we have wacky problems with bluetooth-alsa when you connect to the
> handsfree rather than the headset profile. does sdptool show you are
> connecting to the channel for the phone"s headset profile?

this is what I get with "sdptool browse 00:01:E3:6F:7E:55", I try both
channel 2 and channel 3,

Browsing 00:01:E3:6F:7E:55 ...
Service Name: SerialPort
Service RecHandle: 0x11101
Service Class ID List:
"Serial Port" (0x1101)
Protocol Descriptor List:
"L2CAP" (0x0100)
"RFCOMM" (0x0003)
Channel: 1
Language Base Attr List:
code_ISO639: 0x656e
encoding: 0x6a
base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
"Serial Port" (0x1101)
Version: 0x0100

Service Name: Dial-up networking
Service RecHandle: 0x11103
Service Class ID List:
"Dialup Networking" (0x1103)
"Generic Networking" (0x1201)
Protocol Descriptor List:
"L2CAP" (0x0100)
"RFCOMM" (0x0003)
Channel: 1
Language Base Attr List:
code_ISO639: 0x656e
encoding: 0x6a
base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
"Dialup Networking" (0x1103)
Version: 0x0100

Service Name: Fax
Service RecHandle: 0x11111
Service Class ID List:
"Fax" (0x1111)
"Generic Telephony" (0x1204)
Protocol Descriptor List:
"L2CAP" (0x0100)
"RFCOMM" (0x0003)
Channel: 1
Language Base Attr List:
code_ISO639: 0x656e
encoding: 0x6a
base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
"Fax" (0x1111)
Version: 0x0100

Service Name: OBEX File Transfer
Service RecHandle: 0x11106
Service Class ID List:
"OBEX File Transfer" (0x1106)
Protocol Descriptor List:
"L2CAP" (0x0100)
"RFCOMM" (0x0003)
Channel: 5
"OBEX" (0x0008)
Language Base Attr List:
code_ISO639: 0x656e
encoding: 0x6a
base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
"OBEX File Transfer" (0x1106)
Version: 0x0100

Service Name: OBEX Object Push
Service RecHandle: 0x11105
Service Class ID List:
"OBEX Object Push" (0x1105)
Protocol Descriptor List:
"L2CAP" (0x0100)
"RFCOMM" (0x0003)
Channel: 4
"OBEX" (0x0008)
Language Base Attr List:
code_ISO639: 0x656e
encoding: 0x6a
base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
"OBEX Object Push" (0x1105)
Version: 0x0100

Service Name: OBEX Synchronisation
Service RecHandle: 0x11104
Service Class ID List:
"IrMCSync" (0x1104)
Protocol Descriptor List:
"L2CAP" (0x0100)
"RFCOMM" (0x0003)
Channel: 5
"OBEX" (0x0008)
Language Base Attr List:
code_ISO639: 0x656e
encoding: 0x6a
base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
"IrMCSync" (0x1104)
Version: 0x0100

Service Name: Voice gateway
Service RecHandle: 0x11112
Service Class ID List:
"Headset Audio Gateway" (0x1112)
"Generic Audio" (0x1203)
Protocol Descriptor List:
"L2CAP" (0x0100)
"RFCOMM" (0x0003)
Channel: 2
Language Base Attr List:
code_ISO639: 0x656e
encoding: 0x6a
base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
"Headset" (0x1108)
Version: 0x0100

Service Name: Voice gateway
Service RecHandle: 0x1111f
Service Class ID List:
"" (0x111f)
"Generic Audio" (0x1203)
Protocol Descriptor List:
"L2CAP" (0x0100)
"RFCOMM" (0x0003)
Channel: 3
Language Base Attr List:
code_ISO639: 0x656e
encoding: 0x6a
base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
"" (0x111e)
Version: 0x0100

and this is what I get with "hcitool con" while the connection is on (with
"hstest record ...")

Connections:
< SCO 00:01:E3:6F:7E:55 handle 44 state 1 lm SLAVE
< ACL 00:01:E3:6F:7E:55 handle 41 state 1 lm MASTER ENCRYPT

by Brad Midgley

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Re: siemens s55

hi

we have wacky problems with bluetooth-alsa when you connect to the
handsfree rather than the headset profile. does sdptool show you are
connecting to the channel for the phone's headset profile?

brad

ubaldo wrote:
> I try to use the computer as a bluetooth headphone for the S55, it works
> great with nokia and motorola, but not yet with the siemens, I think,
> maybe, I need to send some "special" AT command (at+ckpd=200 return
> error) or maybe I need to configure something with spdtool to let the
> S55 know that it is working with a bt-headphone, any idea about?

by Ubaldo Porcheddu

Subject: Re: siemens s55

I try to use the computer as a bluetooth headphone for the S55, it works
great with nokia and motorola, but not yet with the siemens, I think, maybe,
I need to send some "special" AT command (at+ckpd=200 return error) or maybe
I need to configure something with spdtool to let the S55 know that it is
working with a bt-headphone, any idea about?

2004-11-09 14:41:07

by Ubaldo Porcheddu

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Re: multi rfcomm/sco connection

Ciao Suriyan,

I was looking, few months ago, for a way to solve a problem more or less
like your.

All what I could do was to set the headphones to HV3 and the bt-dongle too,
in this mode it was possible to "listen" audio on 3 different channels, the
problem, for me, was that this channels were "mixed" so if with a channel I
was receiving 24bit with 3 channels they were 72, but I could not find a way
to "demux" this caos who was coming out, but I remember I found a way to
"create" 3 different sco connections with just one bt-(usb)-dongle.