2005-01-21 06:51:48

by Collin R. Mulliner

Subject: [Bluez-devel] snd_bt_sco unknown symbol snd_hwdep_new

Hi Folks,

I have some problems with the snd_bt_sco module... I have ALSA enabled
in my kernel (use it for my "real" sound card).

any tips?

dmesg:
---snip---
snd_bt_sco: Unknown symbol snd_hwdep_new
---snap---

make modules_install
---snip---
if [ -r System.map ]; then /sbin/depmod -ae -F System.map 2.6.10-mh1;
fi WARNING: /lib/modules/2.6.10-mh1/extra/snd-bt-sco.ko needs unknown
symbol snd_hwdep_new
---snap---

thanks ... Collin

--
Collin R. Mulliner <[email protected]>
BETAVERSiON Systems [http://www.betaversion.net]

by Lars Grunewaldt

by Collin R. Mulliner

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Re: snd_bt_sco unknown symbol snd_hwdep_new

Hi Sebastian,

thanks this was it.

@SCO people
Great job guys! Really what can I say, workd right away. Also you can
add the Jabra BT250 to your list of supported devices (FYI: the volume
can be changed on both ends).

... Collin

--
Collin R. Mulliner <[email protected]>
BETAVERSiON Systems [http://www.betaversion.net]
info/pgp: finger [email protected]
Never argue with an idiot. He brings you down to his level, then beats
you with experience...

by Sebastian Roth

Hi Collin!

snd-bt-sco needs the module snd-hwdep! You have to select a driver which
uses snd-hwdep too. e.g. EMU10K1 (SB Live! & Audigy, E-mu APS)

/usr/src/linux(-2.6.10-mh1)/sound/pci/Kconfig
config SND_EMU10K1
tristate "EMU10K1 (SB Live! & Audigy, E-mu APS)"
depends on SND
select SND_HWDEP
select SND_RAWMIDI
select SND_AC97_CODEC