2005-03-17 09:13:58

by jose

Subject: [Bluez-devel] 'make' and 'make install' not working

Hi,

After downloadin the bluez files, i did './configure',
but iam unable to 'make' or 'make install'.

this is what i got when i did ./configure

jose:/home/jose/bluetooth/bluez-hcidump-1.18 #
./configure --with-gcc --prefix=/usr
--mandir=/usr/share/man
checking for a BSD-compatible install...
/usr/bin/install -c
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... no
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific
portions of Makefiles... no
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl... no
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in
$PATH

now, how do i set the path to gcc?

Thanks in advance,
Jose

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] 'make' and 'make install' not working

jose wrote:

>Hi,
>
>After downloadin the bluez files, i did './configure',
>but iam unable to 'make' or 'make install'.
>
>this is what i got when i did ./configure
>

>jose:/home/jose/bluetooth/bluez-hcidump-1.18 #
>./configure --with-gcc --prefix=/usr
>--mandir=/usr/share/man
>checking for a BSD-compatible install...
>/usr/bin/install -c
>checking whether build environment is sane... yes
>checking for gawk... gawk
>checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... no
>checking whether to enable maintainer-specific
>portions of Makefiles... no
>checking for gcc... no
>checking for cc... no
>checking for cc... no
>checking for cl... no
>configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in
>$PATH
>

>now, how do i set the path to gcc?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Jose

by Alain Volmat

Hi Jose,

this has actually nothing to do with Bluetooth I think but...

a common way to do, in case of your gcc is a a specific location
is to use CC environment variable.
CC=mygcc AR=myar LD=myLD NM=myNM ./configure ....

well here you don't need AR, LD, NM I think but that's just for the example.
so just doing CC=yourgccpath/gcc ./configure should do the trick.

or just follow what configure is telling you ...
> configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
since it couldn't found gcc inside $PATH, then add gcc's location into $PATH :D

Alain

* jose [Thu, 17 Mar 2005 at 01:13 -0800]
<quote>