2005-03-24 16:56:47

by Guylhem Aznar

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Hp bluetooth headset a2dp

Hello

I didn't have time to play with them for sometime. Guess what happens
when I try them again today? Acceptable audio !
Same hardware, same binaries - nothing changed !

I then realised it was making sudden accelerations (little by little),
then suddently going back to normal, and so on during audio playback.

subbands =3D 1
allocation method =3D 1
channel_mode =3D 2
blocks =3D 3
sampling frequency =3D 2
bitpool =3D 32
frame len =3D 72
Using address: 00:0D:44:2A:09:00

I started to do something else, and now even after power cycling,
relinking, it's not playing anymore.

Wow. Any idea on that strange beast?

PS: I was suggested to try to record a session of normal audio
interaction. How can it be done? I'll try to borrow a frieds ipaq and
see how it is supposed to work.

--=20
Bien =E0 vous - Best regards,
Guylhem P. Aznar

--=20
*@externe.net http://externe.n=
et
P=E9rim=E9/Deprecated: @oeil.qc.ca, @metalab.unc.edu, @ibiblio.org, @7=
un.org
GPG: 92EB37C1 DD11C9C9 20519D01 E8FA1B11 42975AF7 http://externe.net/pubk=
ey

by Guylhem Aznar

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Hp bluetooth headset a2dp

On Thursday, 24 March 2005 at 18:04:22 (+0100), Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> does somebody wants to donate one of these to me? Then I can start

Unfortunately I only have one. I could hardly purchase it after days of l=
ooking for one - such a2dp devices are not very frequent :-(

So I can lend it to how as long as you want, but I'd like it back
someday :-)

Send me your address...

On Thursday, 24 March 2005 at 11:56:47 (-0500), Guylhem Aznar wrote:
> I started to do something else, and now even after power cycling,
> relinking, it's not playing anymore.

More details - I was using a different test file, to try to record it
on the receiving end and compare it to the source (maybe there're
recongnisable patterns in the acceleration sequence?)

My test file was a metronome (tick tick tick etc.) at 11050 Mhz which
seems to have caused that problem. After refusing to play at that
frequency, it refuses everything else. It seems to be able to play
again but only after power cycling.

With the bad mp3:

MPEG 2.5 layer III, 32 kbit/s, 11025 Hz mono
subbands =3D 0
allocation method =3D 0
channel_mode =3D 0
blocks =3D 0
sampling frequency =3D 0
bitpool =3D 0
frame len =3D 2
Using address: 00:0D:44:2A:09:00
Found A2DP Sink
Connected [imtu 672, omtu 672, flush_to 65535]
got capabilities response
headset does not support this frequency
sent set_config
set config rejected
couldn't locate the correct seid

Then afterwards:

subbands =3D 1
allocation method =3D 1
channel_mode =3D 2
blocks =3D 3
sampling frequency =3D 2
bitpool =3D 32
frame len =3D 72
Using address: 00:0D:44:2A:09:00
Found A2DP Sink
Connected [imtu 672, omtu 672, flush_to 65535]
got capabilities response
sent set_config
set config rejected
couldn't locate the correct seid

That's using the very same mp3 that was accepted before. I think it
may need to be told that this one was using a different frequency.

Regarding the 10 s metronome mp3, after playing it many many times I
realised that:
- the audio was a little bit faster approx 50% of the time
- it was a little big slower maybe 20% of the time, an normal 30%
- it was changing during a playback session, with accelerations and
decelerations. These changes of pace seems to follow a pattern : in
a 10 s sample, 2 sec to slow, 1 normal, 7 too fast - that's the most
frequent pattern I get, with rates of accelerations varying depending
on the samples.

However during a longer mp3 playback, I had phases of acceleration and
deceleration. I don't have a metronome mp3 longer than 10s, so I'm
unable to document that. However I hope this data will help fixing
a2play.

--=20
Bien =E0 vous - Best regards,
Guylhem P. Aznar

--=20
*@externe.net http://externe.n=
et
P=E9rim=E9/Deprecated: @oeil.qc.ca, @metalab.unc.edu, @ibiblio.org, @7=
un.org
GPG: 92EB37C1 DD11C9C9 20519D01 E8FA1B11 42975AF7 http://externe.net/pubk=
ey

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Guylhem,

> I didn't have time to play with them for sometime. Guess what happens
> when I try them again today? Acceptable audio !
> Same hardware, same binaries - nothing changed !
>
> I then realised it was making sudden accelerations (little by little),
> then suddently going back to normal, and so on during audio playback.
>
> subbands = 1
> allocation method = 1
> channel_mode = 2
> blocks = 3
> sampling frequency = 2
> bitpool = 32
> frame len = 72
> Using address: 00:0D:44:2A:09:00
>
> I started to do something else, and now even after power cycling,
> relinking, it's not playing anymore.
>
> Wow. Any idea on that strange beast?
>
> PS: I was suggested to try to record a session of normal audio
> interaction. How can it be done? I'll try to borrow a frieds ipaq and
> see how it is supposed to work.

does somebody wants to donate one of these to me? Then I can start
looking what's the problem with them. I think our AVDTP implementation
is not quite right and needs some more work at the timing part of the
stream sending.

Regards

Marcel