2005-04-08 07:12:16

by jose

Subject: [Bluez-devel] bluez-utils-2.15 install

hi,

in the 'README' of bluez-utils-2.15, it says:

In order to compile Bluetooth utilities you need
following software packages:
- Linux Bluetooth protocol stack (BlueZ)
- GCC compiler
- USB library
- Lexical Analyzer (flex, lex)
- YACC (yacc, bison, byacc)

how do i find if item 1, i.e., the Linux Bluetooth
protocol stack (BlueZ) is installed on my PC?what
should i check for?

and how do i install or find if: USB library is
installed?what do i check for?

iam working on suse 9.1, kernel 2.6.4-52-smp

thanks & rgds,
Jose

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] bluez-utils-2.15 install

Hi Jose,

> in the 'README' of bluez-utils-2.15, it says:
>
> In order to compile Bluetooth utilities you need
> following software packages:
> - Linux Bluetooth protocol stack (BlueZ)
> - GCC compiler
> - USB library
> - Lexical Analyzer (flex, lex)
> - YACC (yacc, bison, byacc)
>
> how do i find if item 1, i.e., the Linux Bluetooth
> protocol stack (BlueZ) is installed on my PC?what
> should i check for?
>
> and how do i install or find if: USB library is
> installed?what do i check for?
>
> iam working on suse 9.1, kernel 2.6.4-52-smp

the SuSE 9.1 kernel contains the needed BlueZ modules, but they are not
up-to-date. The USB library is available as package over YaST.

Regards

Marcel