2005-04-15 11:26:20

by Stefan Jonasson

Subject: [Bluez-devel] SonyEricsson K700i and HID

Hi all!

I just bought an SonyEricsson K700i and it have support for bluetooth HID=
=2E
After researching a bit I realized that there probably isent any way to m=
ake it work in linux atm=2E=2E

I tyred to use it as a keyboard/ mouse with hidd=2E The phone and compute=
r can connect to each other the phone shows the input map ( just as it do=
es in windows when you use this function)=2E And hidd dosent report any f=
ailures=2E=2E=2E

Now I want hidd to do something useful like creating a mouse device and a=
keyboard!

A list of questions=3A

Which implementations do I need to chage=3F
How to I make hidd k700i aware=3F
Shoud I create an new application that uses the hidp module directly=3F
How do I inspect the traffic=3F
It there anyway to make hidd print debug info=3F
Is this possible to do=3F
Wich specifications do I need=2C where can I get them=3F
I found a nice document on ericssons dev site http=3A//developer=2Esonyer=
icsson=2Ecom/getDocument=2Edo=3FdocId=3D66147 will it help=3F

-- =

-----------------------
Stefan Jonasson

Wipmind AB
Storgatan 4
352 52 V=E4xj=F6

Tel=3A 0470-74 95 00
Fax=3A 0470-74 95 01

by Marcel Hilzinger

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] SonyEricsson K700i and HID

Am Freitag, 15. April 2005 13:26 schrieb Stefan Jonasson:
> Hi all!
>
> I just bought an SonyEricsson K700i and it have support for bluetooth HID.
> After researching a bit I realized that there probably isent any way to
> make it work in linux atm..
>
> I tyred to use it as a keyboard/ mouse with hidd. The phone and computer
> can connect to each other the phone shows the input map ( just as it does
> in windows when you use this function). And hidd dosent report any
> failures...

You might have a look at bluemote. It makes a remote control of your phone:

http://www.geocities.com/saravkrish/progs/bluemote/index.html

=2D-=20
=DCdv=F6zlettel -- Mit freundlichen Gr=FCssen,
Marcel Hilzinger

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Stefan,

> I just bought an SonyEricsson K700i and it have support for bluetooth HID.
> After researching a bit I realized that there probably isent any way to make it work in linux atm..
>
> I tyred to use it as a keyboard/ mouse with hidd. The phone and computer can connect to each other the phone shows the input map ( just as it does in windows when you use this function). And hidd dosent report any failures...
>
> Now I want hidd to do something useful like creating a mouse device and a keyboard!
>
> A list of questions:
>
> Which implementations do I need to chage?
> How to I make hidd k700i aware?
> Shoud I create an new application that uses the hidp module directly?
> How do I inspect the traffic?
> It there anyway to make hidd print debug info?
> Is this possible to do?
> Wich specifications do I need, where can I get them?
> I found a nice document on ericssons dev site http://developer.sonyericsson.com/getDocument.do?docId=66147 will it help?

the problem with the K700i is that it only supports two L2CAP
connections at the same, but for our implementation we will need
actually three of them. Otherwise we can't get the HID descriptor and
thus we can only do boot. However I successfully used a K700i with the
--nosdp option.

Regards

Marcel