2005-04-24 12:13:42

by Mayank Batra

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] a2play code not according to the specifications

Brad,

> it was written as a proof of concept. it actually
> doesn't work well at
> all if you give it a raw sbc file because it's not
> paced correctly. it
> works most consistently if it's used like
>
> mpg123 --au - file.mp3 | sbc/sbcenc - | ./a2play
> bdaddr

The current code has good timing just because of the
fact that the delay due to encoding during streaming
is good for us.

> we count on mpg123 to enforce timing correctly, but
> even then, a2play
> can block the pipeline and mess up the timing, for
> example if the link
> is lossy.

We no more need mpg123 if we have ecasound.
Use:
ecasound -i file.mp3 -o file.snd

Now use ./a2play <bdaddr> <.snd filename>

And enjoy the music on ur A2DP headset !

> to maintain license compatibility, we want
> (especially avdtp) code
> contributions to be GPL so they could go into the
> kernel if appropriate.
> is that license ok with you?

Fine

> > Also, I am ready to put up the A2DP sink code on
> the
> > CVS.
> >
> > Please tell if you would like to put it on the CVS
> as
> > well.
>
> very good! yes.

Just wait for some more time.
I am now correcting the things that u mentioned in the
earlier mail.

Mayank