2005-04-28 12:10:01

by Mayank Batra

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Comments about the Logitech/HP stereo headphones

Marcel,

> Maybe we should change the SBC encoding routines so
> that it times how
> long it needed to encode the resulting SBC frame.
> Together with the
> known time of the PCM data the SBC frame is encoded
> for, we can
> calculate the actual time for the usleep() in
> a2play.

I think this is the best idea. But again some timing
mismatch is bound to take place because of different
CPU speeds. For instance the CPU on which we calculate
the time taken for the encoding, may be different on
which we are running our a2play application...

Mayank

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Mayank,

> > Maybe we should change the SBC encoding routines so
> > that it times how
> > long it needed to encode the resulting SBC frame.
> > Together with the
> > known time of the PCM data the SBC frame is encoded
> > for, we can
> > calculate the actual time for the usleep() in
> > a2play.
>
> I think this is the best idea. But again some timing
> mismatch is bound to take place because of different
> CPU speeds. For instance the CPU on which we calculate
> the time taken for the encoding, may be different on
> which we are running our a2play application...

the best idea would be to use RTC as timing source.

Regards

Marcel