2005-04-26 12:34:12

by Mayank Batra

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] A2DP sink code finally

Henryk,

> Hmm, how do I test that? I can't seem to get my
> audio dongle to connect.
> Is there anything else I've got to do apart from
> | hciconfig hci0 class 0x200404

Don't know whether this is required...?

> | sdptool add A2SNK
> | ./a2snk
> ?

I think this is sufficient.

Are u sure that the a2play code is correct?
Because I've used exactly this code to connect with
BlueSoleil, and the connection takes place very well.

Otherwise, BlueSoleil is a very clumsy sw and it sends
disconnect even if we skip or mix a step.
So, this means that maybe u r making some mistake.

Mayank

by Brad Midgley

Guys,

I updated the docs to reflect the new a2play usage and basic a2snk
operation.

I think the best effort spent on a2play now would be to:

- use the real-time clock for timing
- optionally open and perform ioctls on /dev/dsp to operate directly on it

Both of these should make live streaming tighter.

Timing improvements include both inserting delays and throwing out data
when the link doesn't accept it fast enough (or to take up delay), but
you only need the latter for live streaming.

Brad

by Henryk Plötz

Moin,

Am Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:34:12 +0100 (BST) schrieb Mayank Batra:

> > Hmm, how do I test that? I can't seem to get my
> > audio dongle to connect.

Ah, stupid me. I forgot to enable pairing mode on the audio dongle.

> > Is there anything else I've got to do apart from
> > | hciconfig hci0 class 0x200404
>
> Don't know whether this is required...?

Seems so. After doing

> > | sdptool add A2SNK
> > | ./a2snk

_and_ enabling pairing on the audio dongle nothing happened. But as soon
as I changed my device class the audio dongle started a connection. Now
a2snk stalls after "Sent Stream End Point Discovery Response".

--
Henryk Pl?tz
Gr??e aus Berlin

Attachments: