2005-05-03 13:28:01

by Mayank Batra

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] What endian type is supported by audio device ?

Marcel,

> actually this has nothing to do with the machine
> type. It depends on the
> endian format of the input PCM stream. So we should
> add a flags that
> tells us about the endian format of the input.

But what do i do if the stream was earlier on in big
endian format and my audio device does not support big
endian format?

That is why, we should check what endian type is
supported and decide accordingly.

Regards,

Mayank

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Mayank,

> > actually this has nothing to do with the machine
> > type. It depends on the
> > endian format of the input PCM stream. So we should
> > add a flags that
> > tells us about the endian format of the input.
>
> But what do i do if the stream was earlier on in big
> endian format and my audio device does not support big
> endian format?
>
> That is why, we should check what endian type is
> supported and decide accordingly.

I think that if you use ALSA it can change the endian format on demand
inside the library, but for the a2play and a2recv with OSS support we
can do that inside our own code. It is only byte swapping. And from my
understand it should be done inside the SBC codec. We simpy tell it what
input or output endian format we expect and then it should obey to it.

Regards

Marcel