2005-05-04 05:13:42

by jose

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Royaltek BlueGPS

Hi,

Anyone worked/working with Royaltek BlueGPS (Bluetooth
GPS Receiver).

I want to know, how to connect the BlueGPS,from Linux,
through serial port, and get the data.

Regards,
Jose

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Royaltek BlueGPS

Hi Jose,

> Anyone worked/working with Royaltek BlueGPS (Bluetooth
> GPS Receiver).
>
> I want to know, how to connect the BlueGPS,from Linux,
> through serial port, and get the data.

run "sdptool search --bdaddr <bdaddr> sp" to find the RFCOMM channel
that is used by the BlueGPS unit. I expect that it will be channel one.
Then call "rfcomm bind 0 <bdaddr> 1" and after that point your GPS
software to /dev/rfcomm0 and you are ready to go.

Regards

Marcel