2005-05-08 12:44:00

by Mayank Batra

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] A small query

Marcel,

> > Swapping message_type and packet_type makes no
> > difference to a2play but it makes a lot of
> difference
> > to a2recv.
>
> Why can this be? Doesn't a2play uses message_type
> and packet_type at
> all?

This is because a2play sends commands and not replies.
In commands the message_type is always 0 and
packet_type is also 0, thus it makes no difference
whether packet_type is before or after message_type.

But, in a2recv we have to send replies, and this is
when the trouble comes up. In replies, message_type is
whether the message was acceped or denied. But
packet_type is again 0. So here message_type is not
always 0. Thus interchanging them WILL create a mess
up.

Mayank