2005-05-15 12:29:21

by Mayank Batra

Subject: [Bluez-devel] BlueZ GUI

Guys,

Is there a GUI available for BlueZ ?

If not, I am interested in building one.
Can you suggest which tool will be the best?

Tcl/Tk ?

Mayank

by Claudio Takahasi

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] BlueZ GUI

I folks,

I am working with D-Bus services for BlueZ and I had an
approach to suggest. Using D-Bus it is possible start
an application and define message rules and handle
security issues.

An important comment, D-Bus can address concurrent
requests(connection, inquiry, service search), signals can be
sent to notify disconnection, new devices, ...
Currently, some patchs for PAN Daemon(pand) D-Bus service
were submited to the community. I don't know when it will be
available, probably in the next release.

Another approach is develop an library/functions to export
the daemons functionality: connect, disconnect, search, ...

Regards,
Claudio