2005-05-17 06:31:24

by Mayank Batra

Subject: [Bluez-devel] a2play timing is still whacky

Brad,

I tried the latest version of a2play with BlueSoleil.
The timing is still not upto the mark.
I mean, this time, the sound is breking, i.e I feel we
are putting a greater delay than what is needed.

len = sbc_encode(&sbc, buf2, size2);//do the encoding
sleeptime = sbc.duration;
sbc_info.blocks = sbc.blocks;
sbc_info.subbands = sbc.subbands;

Here, why are we using the variable sleeptime if we
are not making use of it later on in the code?

// pause if the ring buffer is full
while((ring_out + 1) % FRAMEBUF == ring_in)
usleep(10);

Here, why did you choose usleep(10) only?

Mayank.

by Brad Midgley

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] a2play timing is still whacky

Mayank,

Audio is only sent to the headset in response to sig_alrm. setitimer
determines the interval between sig_alrm events.

Unfortunately, the interval still needs tweaking... it's set to 87% of
the interval computed by libsbc.

usleep(10) is arbitrary and doesn't really matter.

Brad