2005-05-19 12:06:27

by Mayank Batra

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Creating more than one instance of BlueZ

Guys,

I am still looking for a reply...

This is very necessary since this is the deterrent
that I am facing during development process.

Cause I now do not have access to a test PC.

Mayank.

--- Mayank Batra <[email protected]> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Is it possible to create more than one instance of
> BlueZ on my linux machine.
>
> That is if I have 2 dongles, but do not have a test
> PC
> and I want to test my code, is it possible to do it
> with one PC ?
>
> Mayank

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Mayank,

> I am still looking for a reply...

it seems that I missed your post. Sorry for that, but this can happen
some time.

> This is very necessary since this is the deterrent
> that I am facing during development process.
>
> Cause I now do not have access to a test PC.

BlueZ connections are always established with a source (local) and with
a destination (peer) address. So you can create connection between two
local device, but you must make sure that the source address is the
address of the other dongle. The only think where this not really works
is BNEP, because the kernel will route the TCP/IP traffic over the
loopback interface.

The instances question is non-sense, because there is always only one
instance of BlueZ running (like one TCP/IP, USB, SCSI, Firewire etc.),
but this instance is capable of handling more than one local device.

Regards

Marcel

by Brad Midgley

Mayank,

I think the best you can expect is for bluez to see hci0 and hci1. then
you've got to make sure your apps choose the right adapter.

brad