2005-05-20 08:20:22

by Mayank Batra

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] BlueZ GUI

Guys,

No reply for this one either ?
:-(

Mayank.

> Guys,
>
> Is there a GUI available for BlueZ ?
>
> If not, I am interested in building one.
> Can you suggest which tool will be the best?
>
> Tcl/Tk ?
>
> Mayank

by blookk -

by Fred Schaettgen

On Friday, 20. May 2005 12:05, blookk - wrote:
> Hello!
> It's a interesting idea, but.... why are you interested in bluid one if
> GNOME and KDE has one? Don't you like these GUI?
> Regards

I guess he's talking about a GUI to edit hcid.conf. At least kdebluetooth
doesn't include any tool to do that. It implements the client and server side
of a some Bluetooth profiles, but it doesn't deal with the configuration.
Except for the link key manager maybe. I don't really know the gnome
bluetooth tools, but I guess it's the same there.
Btw. I would prefer a GTK2 tool over a TCL program, even though the best
choice is Qt of course ;)

Fred

--
Fred Schaettgen

by blookk -

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Mayank,

> > Is there a GUI available for BlueZ ?

besides GNOME Bluetooth and KDE Bluetooth. Not that I know of.

> > If not, I am interested in building one.

Go ahead.

> > Can you suggest which tool will be the best?
> >
> > Tcl/Tk ?

I prefer C only toolkits, but it is up to you.

Regards

Marcel

by David Woodhouse

On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 15:54 +0200, Fred Schaettgen wrote:
> I guess he's talking about a GUI to edit hcid.conf. At least kdebluetooth
> doesn't include any tool to do that. It implements the client and server side
> of a some Bluetooth profiles, but it doesn't deal with the configuration.
> Except for the link key manager maybe. I don't really know the gnome
> bluetooth tools, but I guess it's the same there.

Only root can edit hcid.conf, and you shouldn't be using GUI
point-and-drool tools as root.

--
dwmw2