2005-05-23 12:21:15

by Mayank Batra

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Calculating throughput of ACL link

Marcel,

> > How can I calculate the throughput that we are
> getting
> > on the ACL link during streaming of Advanced
> Audio?
>
> there exists no application that actually does this
> on the ACL level.
> You need to write one that greps all ACL traffic
> (like hcidump) and then
> do the calculation.

That is exactly what I was trying to find out.
In the avdtp.c file in the bluez-hcidump package, we
can find out what are the packets being sent on ACL,
but I can't figure out how to calculate the
throughput.

Mayank

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Mayank,

> > > How can I calculate the throughput that we are
> > getting
> > > on the ACL link during streaming of Advanced
> > Audio?
> >
> > there exists no application that actually does this
> > on the ACL level.
> > You need to write one that greps all ACL traffic
> > (like hcidump) and then
> > do the calculation.
>
> That is exactly what I was trying to find out.
> In the avdtp.c file in the bluez-hcidump package, we
> can find out what are the packets being sent on ACL,
> but I can't figure out how to calculate the
> throughput.

do you wanna know the throughput on ACL or AVDTP. For both look at the
throughput calculation of l2test or rctest.

Regards

Marcel