2005-05-24 17:37:32

by Michael Frey

Subject: [Bluez-devel] How to turn off Discoverable?

Is there an hciconfig command to make my bluetooth module not
"Discoverable"?

Thanks,
Michael

by Albert Huang

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] How to turn off Discoverable?

run as root:

hciconfig hci0 pscan

to set it permanently, edit /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf (or wherever your
hcid.conf is) and disable inquiry scan.

This makes it undiscoverable, but still allows pages (other devices to
connect, if they know your machine's bt address)

-albert

On 5/24/05, Michael Frey <[email protected]> wrote:
> Is there an hciconfig command to make my bluetooth module not
> "Discoverable"?
>=20
> Thanks,
> Michael
>=20
>=20
>=20

by Henryk Plötz

Moin,

Am Tue, 24 May 2005 13:37:32 -0400 schrieb Michael Frey:

> Is there an hciconfig command to make my bluetooth module not
> "Discoverable"?

Yes. "Discoverable" in Bluetooth terms is called "inquiry scan", so
hciconfig hciX pscan will disable inquiry scan and make your module not
discoverable. (Attention: The seemingly similar page scan means
"connectable" and without it you won't be able to accept new
connections, so better not disable that.)

--
Henryk Pl?tz
Gr??e aus Berlin

Attachments: