2005-05-21 16:09:03

by Guylhem Aznar

Subject: [Bluez-devel] obex ftp server ?

Hello

I am wondering if any working obex ftp server is available. obexftpd
doesn't work. I'd be curious to know whether obexapp (freebsd) could
be compiled. It seems to use openobex and libbsdxml (can't find the
latter - IIRC it's a fork of libexpat which hopefully will be enough)

Any clue/suggestion ?

Guylhem

--=20
Bien =E0 vous - Best regards,
Guylhem P. Aznar

--=20
*@externe.net http://externe.n=
et
P=E9rim=E9/Deprecated: @oeil.qc.ca, @metalab.unc.edu, @ibiblio.org, @7=
un.org
GPG: 92EB37C1 DD11C9C9 20519D01 E8FA1B11 42975AF7 http://externe.net/pubk=
ey

by Fred Schaettgen

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] obex ftp server ?

On Tuesday, 24. May 2005 19:30, ligi wrote:
> Guylhem Aznar wrote:
> >Hello
> >
> >I am wondering if any working obex ftp server is available. obexftpd
> >doesn't work. I'd be curious to know whether obexapp (freebsd) could
> >be compiled. It seems to use openobex and libbsdxml (can't find the
> >latter - IIRC it's a fork of libexpat which hopefully will be enough)
> >
> >Any clue/suggestion ?
>
> gnome-obex-server works fine.

I thought the gnome obex server only speaks obex push.
Does it really support obex ftp in the meantime?

Fred

--
Fred Schaettgen

by Guylhem Aznar

On Tuesday, 24 May 2005 at 19:30:27 (+0200), ligi wrote:
> gnome-obex-server works fine.

I doubt it will work on the commandline on a machine without X and
with 64 Mb of Ram :-)

The best option ATM is obexapp, a FreeBSD application. I'm trying to
make it work on linux/bluez without success. Some help would be
appreciated. (mostly on bluez api part)

Guylhem

--=20
Bien =E0 vous - Best regards,
Guylhem P. Aznar

--=20
*@externe.net http://externe.n=
et
P=E9rim=E9/Deprecated: @oeil.qc.ca, @metalab.unc.edu, @ibiblio.org, @7=
un.org
GPG: 92EB37C1 DD11C9C9 20519D01 E8FA1B11 42975AF7 http://externe.net/pubk=
ey

by ligi

Guylhem Aznar wrote:

>Hello
>
>I am wondering if any working obex ftp server is available. obexftpd
>doesn't work. I'd be curious to know whether obexapp (freebsd) could
>be compiled. It seems to use openobex and libbsdxml (can't find the
>latter - IIRC it's a fork of libexpat which hopefully will be enough)
>
>Any clue/suggestion ?

gnome-obex-server works fine.

>Guylhem

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Guylhem,

> I am wondering if any working obex ftp server is available. obexftpd
> doesn't work. I'd be curious to know whether obexapp (freebsd) could
> be compiled. It seems to use openobex and libbsdxml (can't find the
> latter - IIRC it's a fork of libexpat which hopefully will be enough)

I never really started with the work on a btftpd. Feel free to do so.

There is no need for a XML library for an OBEX FTP server. You can write
the XML generator by yourself.

Regards

Marcel