2005-04-07 10:06:03

by Martin Rolsted Jensen

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Build BlueZ Libs and BluzZ Utils for ARM

Hello everybody!

First of all thanks to Peter Wippich for his help - it gave me a clue,
but?K!

I am currently working on a triton1 board with a pxa255 module. I want to
connect a UART Bluetooth module to the board (WML-C20AH).
The first thing I did was to configure the kernel (2.6.10) to support
Bluetooth. As far as I can see in the boot sequence of Linux, the ttyBT
interface is controlled by the standard ttyS1.

Peter told me to build BlueZ Libs and then BluzZ Utils for my platform ?V I
got that, marvellous.
My new question is how to build those on a host-PC for my arm-board (no gcc
on that board).
Am I going to get them precompiled - if so were to get them, and how to
install (step by step).
I am newbie to Linux ??

Best Regards

Martin Rolsted Jensen

by Anderson Rodrigues

Martin,

There is a tool called scracthbox that you can use to compile your
code. It gaves you and artificial environment which lets you compile
for especific platforms. I have not any experience with your platform
at all, but i have some with Innovator 1510 and 5912 and It worked
fine for both.

I posted a little tutorial about how to compiling and testing bluez on
those platforms. Maybe you can use it as a start.

Regards

On Apr 7, 2005 6:06 AM, Martin Rolsted Jensen <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello everybody!
>=20
> First of all thanks to Peter Wippich for his help - it gave me a clue,
> but=A1K!
>=20
> I am currently working on a triton1 board with a pxa255 module. I want to
> connect a UART Bluetooth module to the board (WML-C20AH).
> The first thing I did was to configure the kernel (2.6.10) to support
> Bluetooth. As far as I can see in the boot sequence of Linux, the ttyBT
> interface is controlled by the standard ttyS1.
>=20
> Peter told me to build BlueZ Libs and then BluzZ Utils for my platform =
=A1V I
> got that, marvellous.
> My new question is how to build those on a host-PC for my arm-board (no g=
cc
> on that board).
> Am I going to get them precompiled - if so were to get them, and how to
> install (step by step).
> I am newbie to Linux =83=BA
>=20
> Best Regards
>=20
> Martin Rolsted Jensen
>=20
>=20

--=20
Anderson Clayton B. Rodrigues
Eng. de Software
Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia - INdT

by Nelson Murilo

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] code is ok, but still unknown field type

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 02:59:28AM +0200, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Nelson,
>
> > lk2a is a ascii dump for link_key database (default in /etc/bluetooth)
> >
> > Field1 = key
> > Field2 = bdaddr remote
> > Field3 = bdaddr local
> > Field4 = type (???)
> > Field5 = time
> >
> > # ./lk2a
> > 88fc30d45810b6f32cfd626c969bfc49 00:10:60:AA:9B:5B 00:60:57:DF:1D:29 0 Fri May 27 10:58:47 2005
>
> why don't you read the Bluetooth specification to understand what type
> is. Look for HCI_Link_Key_Notification.

I will check it, thanks.

> Starting with bluez-utils-2.16 it is no longer a binary file.

Hmmm, great. Debian packages (unstable) is not up to date.

Thanks again and sorry for disturb,

./nelson -murilo

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Nelson,

> lk2a is a ascii dump for link_key database (default in /etc/bluetooth)
>
> Field1 = key
> Field2 = bdaddr remote
> Field3 = bdaddr local
> Field4 = type (???)
> Field5 = time
>
> # ./lk2a
> 88fc30d45810b6f32cfd626c969bfc49 00:10:60:AA:9B:5B 00:60:57:DF:1D:29 0 Fri May 27 10:58:47 2005

why don't you read the Bluetooth specification to understand what type
is. Look for HCI_Link_Key_Notification.

Starting with bluez-utils-2.16 it is no longer a binary file.

Regards

Marcel

by Nelson Murilo