2005-07-20 12:52:03

by Tri Ngo

Subject: [Bluez-devel] making a cellphone ring using bluetooth message

Hi,
I apologize that this may not be the perfect place to post this
question but I was hoping that someone would be able to point me in
the right direction. I would like to make a cellphone ring by sending
a bluetooth message. I was wondering if anyone on this list knows if
this functionality is possible to implement.

Thanks,
Tri

by Code Logic

You're most probably right. Google for this file :

r320at_r1a.pdf

It has a complete list of AT commands (form Ericsson), including some
that looked like commands to generate a ring. Also, you should take a
look at the source code of Float's Mobile Agent (fma.sourceforge.net)
This program, I think, makes extensive use of the AT command set
(through bluetooth and IR) to perform all kinds of cool things.

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 17:48 +0100, Douglas Russell wrote:
> Actually, I'm pretty sure you can do this with an AT command. Don't ask me
> what it might be though. :-)
>
> On Wednesday 20 Jul 2005 17:27, Code Logic wrote:
> > I'm not sure if you can actually do that, at least not with only a BT
> > client. You will probably need an app that listens for BT messages on
> > the phone and plays some sound upon receiving the specific BT command.
> > Depending on the type of phone you are targeting, there might already be
> > some apps out there (Bemused) that can help you out.
> >
> > On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 08:52 -0400, Tri Ngo wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I apologize that this may not be the perfect place to post this
> > > question but I was hoping that someone would be able to point me in
> > > the right direction. I would like to make a cellphone ring by sending
> > > a bluetooth message. I was wondering if anyone on this list knows if
> > > this functionality is possible to implement.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Tri

by Tri Ngo

Scary stuff thanks for the advice.

On 7/20/05, Joshua Wright <[email protected]> wrote:
>=20
>=20

by Joshua Wright

by Tri Ngo

Thanks everyone. I havea follow up question, is it possible to
establish an rfcomm connection with a bluetooth phone automatically.=20
As in, can the connection be established totally through a script
without interaction with the phone or the computer. I have read some
sites that mention that the phone asks if the connection with computer
is to be allowed, but is there a way to allow the phone to connect
automatically, without asking? I can't test this yet since I don't
have a bluetooth phone currently. My goal is to make the phone ring
without having to do anything on the phone.

Thanks again,
Tri

On 7/20/05, Collin R. Mulliner <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> some cellphones, e.g. all Siemens phones have a special AT command to
> turn on the ring, this works quite nice :) Google should give you the
> right command, I don't have it on my mind right now.
>=20
> Maybe this helps.
>=20
> ... Collin
>=20
> On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 10:27 -0600, Code Logic wrote:
> > I'm not sure if you can actually do that, at least not with only a BT
> > client. You will probably need an app that listens for BT messages on
> > the phone and plays some sound upon receiving the specific BT command.
> > Depending on the type of phone you are targeting, there might already b=
> > some apps out there (Bemused) that can help you out.
> >
> > On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 08:52 -0400, Tri Ngo wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I apologize that this may not be the perfect place to post this
> > > question but I was hoping that someone would be able to point me in
> > > the right direction. I would like to make a cellphone ring by sending
> > > a bluetooth message. I was wondering if anyone on this list knows if
> > > this functionality is possible to implement.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Tri

> Collin R. Mulliner <[email protected]>
> BETAVERSiON Systems [http://www.betaversion.net]
> info/pgp: finger [email protected]
> Real C programmers never die, they cast to void...
>=20
>=20
>=20

by Collin R. Mulliner

Hi,

some cellphones, e.g. all Siemens phones have a special AT command to
turn on the ring, this works quite nice :) Google should give you the
right command, I don't have it on my mind right now.

Maybe this helps.

... Collin

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 10:27 -0600, Code Logic wrote:
> I'm not sure if you can actually do that, at least not with only a BT
> client. You will probably need an app that listens for BT messages on
> the phone and plays some sound upon receiving the specific BT command.
> Depending on the type of phone you are targeting, there might already be
> some apps out there (Bemused) that can help you out.
>
> On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 08:52 -0400, Tri Ngo wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I apologize that this may not be the perfect place to post this
> > question but I was hoping that someone would be able to point me in
> > the right direction. I would like to make a cellphone ring by sending
> > a bluetooth message. I was wondering if anyone on this list knows if
> > this functionality is possible to implement.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tri

Collin R. Mulliner <[email protected]>
BETAVERSiON Systems [http://www.betaversion.net]
info/pgp: finger [email protected]
Real C programmers never die, they cast to void...

by Douglas Russell

Actually, I'm pretty sure you can do this with an AT command. Don't ask me
what it might be though. :-)

On Wednesday 20 Jul 2005 17:27, Code Logic wrote:
> I'm not sure if you can actually do that, at least not with only a BT
> client. You will probably need an app that listens for BT messages on
> the phone and plays some sound upon receiving the specific BT command.
> Depending on the type of phone you are targeting, there might already be
> some apps out there (Bemused) that can help you out.
>
> On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 08:52 -0400, Tri Ngo wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I apologize that this may not be the perfect place to post this
> > question but I was hoping that someone would be able to point me in
> > the right direction. I would like to make a cellphone ring by sending
> > a bluetooth message. I was wondering if anyone on this list knows if
> > this functionality is possible to implement.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tri

by Code Logic