2005-08-25 20:28:17

by lists

Subject: [Bluez-devel] send appointment to cellular phone

hey,

i'm just programming a shopping list for my flat-sharing-folks and
want to distribute shopping-lists as appointments onto our cellular
phones.

well, i have some early testing experience with bluez about 2 years
ago (with multisync). but now i just want to send an appointment
(.ics file) to my device (i.e Siemens S55) and accept it there as
appointment in my calendar.

i tried to send a single .ics file via obexftp, but it's just placed
on the file-system of my phone. no question whether i want to import
it to the calendar.

does anyone have a hint, how i should send this and in what format?

i think it should work for any device (same as early irda sending
appointments/vcards).

kind regards,
ralph.

by lists

Am 26.08.2005 um 12:56 schrieb Marcel Hilzinger:

> Am Donnerstag, 25. August 2005 22:28 schrieb lists:
>
>> hey,
>>
>> i'm just programming a shopping list for my flat-sharing-folks and
>> want to distribute shopping-lists as appointments onto our cellular
>> phones.
>>
>> well, i have some early testing experience with bluez about 2 years
>> ago (with multisync). but now i just want to send an appointment
>> (.ics file) to my device (i.e Siemens S55) and accept it there as
>> appointment in my calendar.
>>
>> i tried to send a single .ics file via obexftp, but it's just placed
>> on the file-system of my phone. no question whether i want to import
>> it to the calendar.
>>
>> does anyone have a hint, how i should send this and in what format?
>>
> Please send the ics file to me (privately). I will check if it's a
> problem of
> the file or of the phone.

hi marcel,
this was the first thought i had, too. :o)

but then used a file that i first sent from the phone to my laptop.
it's a .vcs file with this content:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:1.0
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MISCELLANEOUS
DTSTART:20050826T100000
DTEND:20050826T110000
DESCRIPTION;CHARSET=UTF-8;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Messe=20Frankfurt=2
0bis=20so
LOCATION;CHARSET=UTF-8;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

i think the problem is (as fred mentioned) my approach using obexftp.

hope i'll feed the list with a solution, soon!

regards,
ralph.

by Fred Schaettgen

On Thursday, 25. August 2005 22:28, lists wrote:
> well, i have some early testing experience with bluez about 2 years
> ago (with multisync). but now i just want to send an appointment
> (.ics file) to my device (i.e Siemens S55) and accept it there as
> appointment in my calendar.
>
> i tried to send a single .ics file via obexftp, but it's just placed
> on the file-system of my phone. no question whether i want to import
> it to the calendar.

Does it make a difference if you send it via obex push instead?

--
Fred Schaettgen

by Marcel Hilzinger

Am Donnerstag, 25. August 2005 22:28 schrieb lists:
> hey,
>
> i'm just programming a shopping list for my flat-sharing-folks and
> want to distribute shopping-lists as appointments onto our cellular
> phones.
>
> well, i have some early testing experience with bluez about 2 years
> ago (with multisync). but now i just want to send an appointment
> (.ics file) to my device (i.e Siemens S55) and accept it there as
> appointment in my calendar.
>
> i tried to send a single .ics file via obexftp, but it's just placed
> on the file-system of my phone. no question whether i want to import
> it to the calendar.
>
> does anyone have a hint, how i should send this and in what format?
Please send the ics file to me (privately). I will check if it's a problem =
of=20
the file or of the phone.

=2D-=20
=DCdv=F6zlettel -- Mit freundlichen Gr=FCssen,
Marcel Hilzinger