2006-01-09 05:25:19

by Blue Hammer

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Browsing web on cell my phone through bluetooth connection to Linux desktop

Greetings,

I am able to pair my bluetooth equipped cell phone with my linux desktop with Belkin USB and also exchange objects using OBEX tools. However, I could not find any clue on the Internet about how can I browse web on my cell phone using the bluetooth connection to my linux desktop.

My cell phone has a built in web browser that works with GSM Carrier's web service (not enabled in my plan) and I would like to use this browser and bluetooth connection to linux desktop to browse the web.

Any clue, direction to a document etc will be appreciated.

Regards,
Hammer

---------------------------------

by pdjj14

Subject: [Bluez-devel] a2play error...

Hi~

My environment is 'Redhat9(kernel 2.4.20-8) + bluez-utils,-libs-2.24 +
bluez-hcidump-1.18 + alsa-libs-1.0.10 + btsco-0.41 + mpg123-0.59r-4'.

The module that I loaded is 'l2cap'.

'rfcomm' and 'sco' didn't be loaded.

'bluez' and 'hci_usb' already be loaded.

When I type the command 'mpg123 --au - 01.mp3 | ./a2play -p
00:0d:e6:00:9a:2f' with option 'p(pthread)', I can listen the music.

But, the music played just 3~5 seconds.

If I type the command without option 'p', the music repeats 'play and
pause'. And, the music played just 3~5 seconds. This is same to use the
option 'p'.

I want to listen the music to running time of the music.

I am modifying the code 'a2play.c'.

Is correct what I do?

I want to know good methods.

What do I do to solve my problem?

This is output, when I type the command 'mpg123 --au - 01.mp3 | ./a2play -
p 00:0d:e6:00:9a:2f'

[root@wooki btsco-0.41]# mpg123 --au - 01.mp3 | ./a2play -p
00:0d:e6:00:9a:2f

subbands = 8 blocks = 16 bitpool = 32

High Performance MPEG 1.0/2.0/2.5 Audio Player for Layer 1, 2
and 3.

Version 0.59r (1999/Jun/15). Written and copyrights by Michael
Hipp.

Uses code from various people. See 'README' for more!

THIS SOFTWARE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY! USE AT YOUR
OWN RISK!

Title : 01 ?̺??? ??ó?ϴ? ?츮?? ?ڼ? Artist: ?̽?ȯ

Album : ???? Live Concert Year :

Comment: Genre : Other

Playing MPEG stream from 01.mp3 ...

Junk at the beginning 49443303

MPEG 1.0 layer III, 128 kbit/s, 44100 Hz joint-stereo

len=2048

Header size=32

Sample Rate:44100

Channels:2

Using address: 00:0d:e6:00:9a:2f

Found A2DP Sink

Found A2DP Sink at the destination

Connected [imtu 672, omtu 895, flush_to 65535]

Sent the Stream End Point Discovery Command

Got a Stream End Point Discovery Response

received 1 capabilities

SEID = 1

Requested Capabilities for SEID = 1

Got capabilities response

Sent set configurations command

Set configurations command accepted

Sent open stream command

Got open stream confirm

Connected [imtu 672, omtu 895, flush_to 65535]

Sent stream start

Got start stream confirm

write failed: Connection reset by peer

Sent 354 packets

joining thread

closing rtc

closing stream

closing control connection

Thank you...

Have a nice day~

2006-01-09 09:31:25

by Blue Hammer

In fact, I wanted to know a generic answer to connecting bluetooth enabled cell phones to the internet problem. After learning more about PAND/DUND, I might have more questions.
Thank you for the answer! Hammer

Henryk Pl?tz <[email protected]> wrote: Moin,

Am Sun, 8 Jan 2006 21:25:19 -0800 (PST) schrieb Blue Hammer:

> However, I could not find any clue on the Internet about how can I
> browse web on my cell phone using the bluetooth connection to my
> linux desktop. My cell phone has a built in web browser that works
> with GSM Carrier's web service (not enabled in my plan) and I would
> like to use this browser and bluetooth connection to linux desktop to
> browse the web.

Your question is severly lacking in detail. Especially it would be
important to know _which_ cell phone you are talking about.

The basic direction is to set up PAN and/or DUN on your linux box and
then connect your cell phone to that. Information on this is easily
found (http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/ for example, although
some of the links are dead by now), but if this works for your phone
can not be generally answered. Read The Fine Manual of your phone.

(Most of the phones, especially the less fancy ones, will not support
such usage of course. Your carrier wants you to use his service after
all. For some phones there are some hints to make this possible
circulating on the internet which may or may not work and are best
found through google.)

--
Henryk Pl?tz
Gr??e aus Berlin

---------------------------------

by Henryk Plötz

Moin,

Am Sun, 8 Jan 2006 21:25:19 -0800 (PST) schrieb Blue Hammer:

> However, I could not find any clue on the Internet about how can I
> browse web on my cell phone using the bluetooth connection to my
> linux desktop. My cell phone has a built in web browser that works
> with GSM Carrier's web service (not enabled in my plan) and I would
> like to use this browser and bluetooth connection to linux desktop to
> browse the web.

Your question is severly lacking in detail. Especially it would be
important to know _which_ cell phone you are talking about.

The basic direction is to set up PAN and/or DUN on your linux box and
then connect your cell phone to that. Information on this is easily
found (http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/ for example, although
some of the links are dead by now), but if this works for your phone
can not be generally answered. Read The Fine Manual of your phone.

(Most of the phones, especially the less fancy ones, will not support
such usage of course. Your carrier wants you to use his service after
all. For some phones there are some hints to make this possible
circulating on the internet which may or may not work and are best
found through google.)

--=20
Henryk Pl=F6tz
Gr=FC=DFe aus Berlin