2006-02-21 08:36:59

by Denis Kenzior

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Possible Patch: list paired devices

Marcel,

I noticed that there is no way to list paired devices from hcitool/hciconfig,
at least I couldn't find a way to do so. Here is a proposed patch to
hcitool which will show a list of paired devices.

I'm not sure if this is the right solution, since it requires hcitool to be
run with effective permissions to access the linkkeys file (e.g. root on my
system). If there is a better way let me know.

Also, will the patch for 128 bit UUID searching in sdptool get merged into
CVS, or did I mess something up again?

Regards,
-Denis

Attachments:
(No filename) (548.00 B)
bluez-hcitool.patch (1.94 kB)

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Denis,

> I noticed that there is no way to list paired devices from hcitool/hciconfig,
> at least I couldn't find a way to do so. Here is a proposed patch to
> hcitool which will show a list of paired devices.
>
> I'm not sure if this is the right solution, since it requires hcitool to be
> run with effective permissions to access the linkkeys file (e.g. root on my
> system). If there is a better way let me know.

you can use standard tools like grep and awk to get this information and
since we have the limitation with the root access, I am not going to add
this. Use the new D-Bus interface to retrieve this information.

> Also, will the patch for 128 bit UUID searching in sdptool get merged into
> CVS, or did I mess something up again?

The patch is in my todo stack, but I haven't looked at it.

Regards

Marcel