2006-04-16 16:01:54

by Jan Benes

Subject: [Bluez-devel] sdp_connect and co, timing

hello,
I'm trying ot write an application that scans for devices, asks for
name and services and eventually sends some files/data. I'm running in
threads. I've already discovered that I must use exclusive access to
the dongle during connection-time. I also don't do any connecting
while asking for services or scanning for devices. Still, sometimes,
the sdp_connect fails to connect for some time. Also, rarely, the
inquiry fails. Is it possible that there needs to be some time gap
between such requests? Do scanning/asking for
services/connectiong/sending cause "collisions"?

PS: also, what are the possible responses from a sdp_connect (or the
respective socket functinos from the function itself. I can't find
them anywhere)

thanks, Jan

by Tianlei Zhao

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] sdp_connect and co, timing

On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 06:01:54PM +0200, Jan Benes wrote:
>=20
> hello,
> I'm trying ot write an application that scans for devices, asks for
> name and services and eventually sends some files/data. I'm running in
> threads. I've already discovered that I must use exclusive access to
> the dongle during connection-time. I also don't do any connecting

On my Broadcom chipped dongle, I do can initiate two connection
request simultaneously. But I found scanning and connect can't
operate properly at the same time. Could this be a hardware
limitation?=20