2005-12-20 04:18:14

by Nigel Sim

Subject: [Bluez-devel] A2DP w/ Blueant headset

A2DP with the bluetooth-alsa project doesn't work with the Blueant stereo
headphones, and by looking at this page it appears that it might be because
these headphones don't support AVDTP (
http://www.robertwebbe.nl/extendedA2DP.html) Is this possible?

I tried running using a2play (below) and sbcenc+rcplay. The second option
doesn't crash out, but no sound is heard at the headphones. sco sound works
fine, as does the mic.

Is there anyone working on this area at the moment who could suggest
something to try?

Thanks

Bluez 2.23
bluetooth-alsa CVS 20051220

mpg123 --au - /home/nigel/03\ -\ They\ Got\ Lost.mp3 | ./a2play
00:0A:56:00:B5:91 - High Performance MPEG 1.0/2.0/2.5 Audio Player for Layer
1, 2, and 3.
Version 0.59q (2002/03/23). Written and copyrights by Joe Drew.
MPEG 1.0 layer III, 128 kbit/s, 44100 Hz stereo
subbands = 8 blocks = 16 bitpool = 32

len=2048
Header size=28
Sample Rate:44100
Channels:2
Using address: 00:0A:56:00:B5:91
Found A2DP Sink

Found A2DP Sink at the destination
Connected [imtu 672, omtu 672, flush_to 65535]

couldn't get avdtp_discover
Sent the Stream End Point Discovery Command

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.10 kB)
(No filename) (1.35 kB)

by Brad Midgley

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] A2DP w/ Blueant headset

Nigel

Your headset is misbehaving. We are supposed to be able to discover the
stream endpoint id in the reply to the avdtp_discover request.

You could try adding code to work around this problem and guess at the
seid. The seid seems to always be 1 on my headsets.

Brad

> OK, new cvs version, I get this:
> mpg123 --au - /home/nigel/03\ -\ They\ Got\ Lost.mp3 | ./a2play
> 00:0A:56:00:B5:91 -
> subbands = 8 blocks = 16 bitpool = 32
> High Performance MPEG 1.0/2.0/2.5 Audio Player for Layer 1, 2, and 3.
> Version 0.59q (2002/03/23). Written and copyrights by Joe Drew.
> MPEG 1.0 layer III, 128 kbit/s, 44100 Hz stereo
> len=2048
> Header size=28
> Sample Rate:44100
> Channels:2
> Using address: 00:0A:56:00:B5:91
> Found A2DP Sink
> Found A2DP Sink at the destination
> Connected [imtu 672, omtu 672, flush_to 65535]
> Sent the Stream End Point Discovery Command
> couldn't get avdtp_discover (only 2 bytes read)
>
> On 12/20/05, *Brad Midgley* <[email protected]
> <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
>
> Nigel
>
> > A2DP with the bluetooth-alsa project doesn't work with the Blueant
> > stereo headphones, and by looking at this page it appears that it
> might
> > be because these headphones don't support AVDTP
> > (http://www.robertwebbe.nl/extendedA2DP.html
> <http://www.robertwebbe.nl/extendedA2DP.html>) Is this possible?
>
> if I remember my alphabet soup correctly, avdtp is a fundamental part of
> a2dp.
>
> > couldn't get avdtp_discover
> > Sent the Stream End Point Discovery Command
>
> i'm not sure why it can't read this information back. perhaps the
> headset for some reason does not report any supported codecs?
>
> i've improved the debug output somewhat. you could try it again.
>
> brad

by Nigel Sim

OK, new cvs version, I get this:

On 12/20/05, Brad Midgley <[email protected]> wrote:

> Nigel
>
> > A2DP with the bluetooth-alsa project doesn't work with the Blueant
> > stereo headphones, and by looking at this page it appears that it might
> > be because these headphones don't support AVDTP
> > (http://www.robertwebbe.nl/extendedA2DP.html) Is this possible?
>
> if I remember my alphabet soup correctly, avdtp is a fundamental part of
> a2dp.
>
> > couldn't get avdtp_discover
> > Sent the Stream End Point Discovery Command
>
> i'm not sure why it can't read this information back. perhaps the
> headset for some reason does not report any supported codecs?
>
> i've improved the debug output somewhat. you could try it again.
>
> brad

(No filename) (1.81 kB)
(No filename) (2.50 kB)

by Brad Midgley

Nigel

> A2DP with the bluetooth-alsa project doesn't work with the Blueant
> stereo headphones, and by looking at this page it appears that it might
> be because these headphones don't support AVDTP
> (http://www.robertwebbe.nl/extendedA2DP.html) Is this possible?

if I remember my alphabet soup correctly, avdtp is a fundamental part of
a2dp.

> couldn't get avdtp_discover
> Sent the Stream End Point Discovery Command

i'm not sure why it can't read this information back. perhaps the
headset for some reason does not report any supported codecs?

i've improved the debug output somewhat. you could try it again.

brad

by Brad Midgley

Nigel,

I committed your change and reenabled the stream-close command.

thanks
Brad

by Brad Midgley

Nigel

> In regards to my new issue, it appears that the SEID is not released,
> and is reported as (InUse) in the hci dump (
> http://hpc-external.jcu.edu.au/~nigel/uploads/Main/inuseHCIDump.txt).
> Even though 'hcitool con' reports no connections. However, this problem
> goes away if I reenable the code block at around a2play.c:1081 which is
> commened to be disabled because of problems it causes for the iTech
> headsets.

good. I was planning to reenable that block. I believe it was locking up
the headset because of a race condition when using the pthreads timer.
I'll reenable and dig into it.

Brad

by Nigel Sim

Brad,

I've attached the unified diff to this message.

In regards to my new issue, it appears that the SEID is not released, and is
reported as (InUse) in the hci dump (
http://hpc-external.jcu.edu.au/~nigel/uploads/Main/inuseHCIDump.txt). Even
though 'hcitool con' reports no connections. However, this problem goes away
if I reenable the code block at around a2play.c:1081 which is commened to be
disabled because of problems it causes for the iTech headsets.

Many thanks

Nigel

On 2/5/06, Brad Midgley <[email protected]> wrote:

> Nigel
>
> > Brad, I've just cracked it. For some reason the avdtp_discover is not
> > returning the codec list straight away
>
> ok--very nice detective work! would you like to give me a unified diff?
> i'd like to see it coded to only retransmit when it fails in that
> specific way...
>
> thanks
> brad

(No filename) (1.35 kB)
(No filename) (2.03 kB)
a2play.diff (777.00 B)

by Brad Midgley

Nigel

> Brad, I've just cracked it. For some reason the avdtp_discover is not
> returning the codec list straight away

ok--very nice detective work! would you like to give me a unified diff?
i'd like to see it coded to only retransmit when it fails in that
specific way...

thanks
brad

by Nigel Sim

Brad, I've just cracked it. For some reason the avdtp_discover is not
returning the codec list straight away (see the hci dump
http://hpc-external.jcu.edu.au/~nigel/uploads/Main/brokenHCIDump.txt).
Rather after the second command the required response is returned. This is
what happens after a2play decides the stream discovery has failed, and it
sends the disconnect signal. SO, I've just made it call this line twice:
a2play.c:848 size = read(cmdfd, &get_resp, sizeof(get_resp));

And then the headset works!

I wonder if the two byte reply means something like wait. The bytes are 0x00
0x00, so I'm guessing that message_type = 0 and packet_type = 0.

However, I seem to have to totally reset the headset between sessions. I'm
not sure whats happening here. Is there a BT command I could send to make
the device reset?

Nigel

On 12/22/05, Brad Midgley <[email protected]> wrote:

> Nigel
>
> Your headset is misbehaving. We are supposed to be able to discover the
> stream endpoint id in the reply to the avdtp_discover request.
>
> You could try adding code to work around this problem and guess at the
> seid. The seid seems to always be 1 on my headsets.
>
> Brad
>
> > OK, new cvs version, I get this:
> > mpg123 --au - /home/nigel/03\ -\ They\ Got\ Lost.mp3 | ./a2play
> > 00:0A:56:00:B5:91 -
> > subbands = 8 blocks = 16 bitpool = 32
> > High Performance MPEG 1.0/2.0/2.5 Audio Player for Layer 1, 2, and 3.
> > Version 0.59q (2002/03/23). Written and copyrights by Joe Drew.
> > MPEG 1.0 layer III, 128 kbit/s, 44100 Hz stereo
> > len=2048
> > Header size=28
> > Sample Rate:44100
> > Channels:2
> > Using address: 00:0A:56:00:B5:91
> > Found A2DP Sink
> > Found A2DP Sink at the destination
> > Connected [imtu 672, omtu 672, flush_to 65535]
> > Sent the Stream End Point Discovery Command
> > couldn't get avdtp_discover (only 2 bytes read)
> >
> > On 12/20/05, *Brad Midgley* <[email protected]
> > <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
> >
> > Nigel
> >
> > > A2DP with the bluetooth-alsa project doesn't work with the Blueant
> > > stereo headphones, and by looking at this page it appears that it
> > might
> > > be because these headphones don't support AVDTP
> > > (http://www.robertwebbe.nl/extendedA2DP.html
> > <http://www.robertwebbe.nl/extendedA2DP.html>) Is this possible?
> >
> > if I remember my alphabet soup correctly, avdtp is a fundamental
> part of
> > a2dp.
> >
> > > couldn't get avdtp_discover
> > > Sent the Stream End Point Discovery Command
> >
> > i'm not sure why it can't read this information back. perhaps the
> > headset for some reason does not report any supported codecs?
> >
> > i've improved the debug output somewhat. you could try it again.
> >
> > brad

> > log files
> > for problems? Stop! Download the new AJAX search engine that makes
> > searching your log files as easy as surfing the web. DOWNLOAD
> SPLUNK!
> > <http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=7637&alloc_id=16865&op=click>

(No filename) (3.92 kB)
(No filename) (5.99 kB)

by Nelson Murilo

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] pin_helper missing?

Thanks Claudio,

I will create scripts based in your info for do it. =

Regards,

./nelson -murilo

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 02:51:43PM -0300, Claudio Takahasi wrote:
> [...]
> =

> On 6/29/06, Nelson Murilo <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 06:01:48PM +0200, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> > > Hi Nelson,
> >
> > Hi Marcel,
> >
> > > you need to set the discoverable timeout to zero. Otherwise it will s=
et
> > > the device back to invisible at some point.
> >
> > How I do this without use gblueconf? Sorry for this but I don=B4t found
> > any info about it.
> =

> To read the current mode:
> $dbus-send --system --type=3Dmethod_call --dest=3Dorg.bluez --print-reply
> /org/bluez/hci0 org.bluez.Adapter.GetMode
> =

> To set a new value:
> $dbus-send --system --type=3Dmethod_call --dest=3Dorg.bluez --print-reply
> /org/bluez/hci0 org.bluez.Adapter.SetMode string:discoverable
> =

> To read the timeout value:
> $dbus-send --system --type=3Dmethod_call --dest=3Dorg.bluez --print-reply
> /org/bluez/hci0 org.bluez.Adapter.GetDiscoverableTimeout
> =

> To set a new value:
> $dbus-send --system --type=3Dmethod_call --dest=3Dorg.bluez --print-reply
> /org/bluez/hci0 org.bluez.Adapter.SetDiscoverableTimeout uint32:0
> (for always visible or enter how many seconds you want)
> =

> Claudio.
> =

> > > They are created when you bind a device or connect a TTY.
> >
> > Great.
> >
> > > The PIN helper stuff is gone. We have the concept of passkey agents n=
ow.

> > I will read the code, but if I=B4d like use different PINs for diffs de=
vices?

> > > I chose the new major version, because it breaks something.
> >
> > I agree.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > ./nelson -murilo
> >
> > Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, securit=
y?
> > Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job =
easier
> > Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geron=
imo
> > http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=3Dlnk&kid=3D120709&bid=3D263057&dat=
=3D121642

> =

> =

> -- =

> Claudio Takahasi
> Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia - INdT
> =

> Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job ea=
sier
> http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=3Dlnk&kid=3D120709&bid=3D263057&dat=
=3D121642

Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easi=

by Claudio Takahasi

Hi Nelson,

On 6/29/06, Nelson Murilo <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 06:01:48PM +0200, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> > Hi Nelson,
>
> Hi Marcel,
>
> > you need to set the discoverable timeout to zero. Otherwise it will set
> > the device back to invisible at some point.
>
> How I do this without use gblueconf? Sorry for this but I don=B4t found
> any info about it.

To read the current mode:
$dbus-send --system --type=3Dmethod_call --dest=3Dorg.bluez --print-reply
/org/bluez/hci0 org.bluez.Adapter.GetMode

To set a new value:
$dbus-send --system --type=3Dmethod_call --dest=3Dorg.bluez --print-reply
/org/bluez/hci0 org.bluez.Adapter.SetMode string:discoverable

To read the timeout value:
$dbus-send --system --type=3Dmethod_call --dest=3Dorg.bluez --print-reply
/org/bluez/hci0 org.bluez.Adapter.GetDiscoverableTimeout

To set a new value:
$dbus-send --system --type=3Dmethod_call --dest=3Dorg.bluez --print-reply
/org/bluez/hci0 org.bluez.Adapter.SetDiscoverableTimeout uint32:0
(for always visible or enter how many seconds you want)

Claudio.

> > They are created when you bind a device or connect a TTY.
>
> Great.
>
> > The PIN helper stuff is gone. We have the concept of passkey agents now.
>
> I will read the code, but if I=B4d like use different PINs for diffs devi=
ces?

> > I chose the new major version, because it breaks something.
>
> I agree.
>
> Best regards,
>
> ./nelson -murilo

> Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job ea=
sier
> http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=3Dlnk&kid=3D120709&bid=3D263057&dat=
=3D121642

-- =

Claudio Takahasi
Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia - INdT

Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easi=
er
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=3Dlnk&kid=3D120709&bid=3D263057&dat=3D1=
21642

by Nelson Murilo

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 06:01:48PM +0200, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Nelson,

Hi Marcel,

> you need to set the discoverable timeout to zero. Otherwise it will set
> the device back to invisible at some point.

How I do this without use gblueconf? Sorry for this but I don=B4t found
any info about it. =

> They are created when you bind a device or connect a TTY.

Great.

> The PIN helper stuff is gone. We have the concept of passkey agents now.

I will read the code, but if I=B4d like use different PINs for diffs device=
s? =

=

> I chose the new major version, because it breaks something.

I agree.

Best regards,

./nelson -murilo

Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easi=
er
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=3Dlnk&kid=3D120709&bid=3D263057&dat=3D1=
21642

by Marcel Holtmann
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2006-06-29 15:17:02

by Nelson Murilo

After update dbus (via apt-get debian-unstable) all works fine.

There are commands for change visibility and others, like passkey? =

Thanks again,

./nelson -murilo

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 07:05:55PM -0300, Claudio Takahasi wrote:
> Hi Nelson,
> =

> There is a simple passkey agent available. You can find it inside the
> "hcid" directory.
> try:
> $passkey-agent --default <PIN>
> =

> or use the following application that I developed for testing purpose:
> http://extindt01.indt.org/connectivity/bluez/gbluezconf-00.30.tar.gz
> =

> BR,
> Claudio.
> =

> -- =

> Claudio Takahasi
> Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia - INdT
> =

> =

> On 6/28/06, Nelson Murilo <[email protected]> wrote:
> >

> > After update bluez tree (doc, obex, lib, hcidump and utils), hcid.conf
> > don=B4t have pin_helper any more. Others odds:
> > 1) device is ative, but not visible for any other bluetooth devices.
> > 2) /dev/rfcomm* missing
> > 3) if I try connect other device I get: Can't connect RFCOMM socket: Co=
nnection refused

> > Looking at debug.log I found:
> > Jun 28 18:39:45 localhost hcid[4364]: call_passkey_agent(): no agent re=
gistered

> > Info:
> > Kernel 2.6.17-mh1
> > dbus 0.62-3
> >
> > Any hits?
> >
> > PS: All works fine before update
> >
> > Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, securit=
y?
> > Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job =
easier
> > Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geron=
imo
> > http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=3Dlnk&kid=3D120709&bid=3D263057&dat=
=3D121642

> =

> Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job ea=
sier
> http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=3Dlnk&kid=3D120709&bid=3D263057&dat=
=3D121642

Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easi=
er
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=3Dlnk&kid=3D120709&bid=3D263057&dat=3D1=
21642

by Nelson Murilo

Thanks a lot Claudio, but both has the same problem: Don't return the
prompt, and I have use ^C to stop. =

I tried update cvs again and nothing changed.

Subject: [Bluez-devel] pin_helper missing?