2006-06-29 10:32:42

by ifq

Subject: [Bluez-devel] how to create a ACL connection with an authentication?

hello everyone!
I want to create a ACL connection with an authentication and encryption use
BlueZ. I searched the BlueZ lib and found nothing.is there anyone could give
me some advice?thank you very much!

Jingtian Wang

Attachments:
(No filename) (220.00 B)
(No filename) (267.00 B)
(No filename) (299.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Mayank Batra

Hi Marcel,

On 6/29/06, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:

> don't advise people to enter security mode 3 unless you are going to
> handle all their troubles with different devices.

Oops...sorry for that.

These two option are
> removed in the 3.x releases anyway.

Sorry, I had no idea.

Regards,
Mayank

Attachments:
(No filename) (321.00 B)
(No filename) (800.00 B)
(No filename) (299.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Nelson Murilo

On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 08:44:38AM +0800, ifq wrote:

> I have seen file l2test.c,and I found how to let a socket to request
> authentication,but another question is I did'n found the source about set
> link key in server or client. is there something I missed?

Check hcid/storage.c and hcid/dbus-adapter.c

Regards,

./nelson -murilo

by ifq

2006/6/30, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]>:

> Hi,
>
> > if I need to build the authentication connection in my own
> > program,what should I do?
> > what I know is use the socket API to create a connection.but how to
> > set this connection to have an authentication?
>
> for L2CAP/RFCOMM you can use socket options to request authentication
> and encryption on incoming connections. Take a look at the source of
> rctest.c and l2test.c.

I have seen file l2test.c,and I found how to let a socket to request
authentication,but another question is I did'n found the source about set
link key in server or client. is there something I missed?

Regards

> Marcel

> easier

(No filename) (1.13 kB)
(No filename) (1.80 kB)
(No filename) (299.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,

> if I need to build the authentication connection in my own
> program,what should I do?
> what I know is use the socket API to create a connection.but how to
> set this connection to have an authentication?

for L2CAP/RFCOMM you can use socket options to request authentication
and encryption on incoming connections. Take a look at the source of
rctest.c and l2test.c.

Regards

Marcel

by ifq

if I need to build the authentication connection in my own program,what
should I do?
what I know is use the socket API to create a connection.but how to set this
connection to have an authentication?
thanks.

Regards

Jingtian Wang

2006/6/29, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]>:

> Hi Mayank,
>
> > On 6/29/06, ifq <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I want to create a ACL connection with an authentication and
> > encryption use BlueZ. I searched the BlueZ lib and found
> > nothing.is there anyone could give me some advice?thank you
> > very much!
> >
> > In /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf file make sure that the following lines
> > are there (i.e. they should not be commented!)
> > auth enable
> > encrypt enable
>
> don't advise people to enter security mode 3 unless you are going to
> handle all their troubles with different devices. These two option are
> removed in the 3.x releases anyway.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

> easier

(No filename) (1.41 kB)
(No filename) (2.19 kB)
(No filename) (299.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Mayank,

> On 6/29/06, ifq <[email protected]> wrote:
> I want to create a ACL connection with an authentication and
> encryption use BlueZ. I searched the BlueZ lib and found
> nothing.is there anyone could give me some advice?thank you
> very much!
>
> In /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf file make sure that the following lines
> are there (i.e. they should not be commented!)
> auth enable
> encrypt enable

don't advise people to enter security mode 3 unless you are going to
handle all their troubles with different devices. These two option are
removed in the 3.x releases anyway.

Regards

Marcel

by Mayank Batra

Hi Jingtian,

On 6/29/06, ifq <[email protected]> wrote:

> I want to create a ACL connection with an authentication and encryption
> use BlueZ. I searched the BlueZ lib and found nothing.is there anyone
> could give me some advice?thank you very much!

In /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf file make sure that the following lines are
there (i.e. they should not be commented!)
auth enable
encrypt enable

You may have to restart hcid if it is already running.

Regards,
Mayank

Attachments:
(No filename) (471.00 B)