2006-10-28 21:12:25

by Dr. Johannes Zellner

Subject: [Bluez-devel] bluetooth-alsa works with aplay but not with xmms

Hi,

http://bluetooth-alsa.sf.net/ says that this would be an appropriate
mailing list for questions concerning bluetooth-alsa.

I followed the instructions on

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BluetoothAudio

to connect to my mono headset (Jabra 250) with the alsa-plugin (no
additional kernel modules). The method with defining a headset pcm
device in ~/.asoundrc and /usr/bin/headsetd works when using

aplay -D headset bla.wav

But when I use xmms I get tons of messages like

DEBUG: sco_pointer: returning bt_headset->hw_ptr=0

and no sound on the headset.

Any ideas?

--
Johannes

by Marcel Hilzinger

Am Sonntag, 29. Oktober 2006 17:28 schrieb Brad Midgley:
> Dr. J
>
> > I followed the instructions on
> >
> > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BluetoothAudio
>
> do a cvs update, build, install and try again. it should work now.
Thanks a lot. With theese tools also the Logitech Wireless Headphones for P=
C =

work with my integrated buetooth dongle. Even the next/previous buttons!
-- =

=DCdv=F6zlettel -- Mit freundlichen Gr=FCssen,
Marcel Hilzinger

by Dr. Johannes Zellner

On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 09:28:06AM -0700, Brad Midgley wrote:
> Dr. J
>
> > I followed the instructions on
> >
> > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BluetoothAudio
>
> do a cvs update, build, install and try again. it should work now.

Brad,

works perfectly. Thanks.

--
Johannes

by Brad Midgley

Dr. J

> I followed the instructions on
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BluetoothAudio

do a cvs update, build, install and try again. it should work now.

brad

by Brad Midgley

Johannes

> DEBUG: sco_pointer: returning bt_headset->hw_ptr=0

argh. I'm getting this too on a clean checkout. I'll dig through and
figure out what I missed.

Brad